• You cannot reply to this topic

URGENT Remote Questions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Alix Primus 

• Poop
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ALIX POOP

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:06 PM

Ok I'm playing tommorow and I just got a coiled remote line that I've never used. I have a few quick questions that I really need answered before tomorrow in regards to it.

-When turning the airflow on, how far do I want to turn the screw? Do I want to turn it as far as it goes?

-I'm using a Recon 6 vest but I don't have a tank pouch. I was planning on using a 12 ounce CO2 tank and just putting the tank in one of my pod pouches. Will there be any trouble with it being upsidedown? And furthermore, will the screw tighten or loosen like that? Will this be a safe way of using it?

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:25 PM

View PostAlix Primus, on Feb 1 2008, 08:06 PM, said:

Ok I'm playing tommorow and I just got a coiled remote line that I've never used. I have a few quick questions that I really need answered before tomorrow in regards to it.

-When turning the airflow on, how far do I want to turn the screw? Do I want to turn it as far as it goes?

-I'm using a Recon 6 vest but I don't have a tank pouch. I was planning on using a 12 ounce CO2 tank and just putting the tank in one of my pod pouches. Will there be any trouble with it being upsidedown? And furthermore, will the screw tighten or loosen like that? Will this be a safe way of using it?

Thanks!

Turn the scew down until you hear the line gas up, then turn it once more. Screwing it down all the way will cut off your air supply. If you do happen to screw it down too far, just back it out a couple turns.

With the tank upside down, it will feed liquid Co2 into the remote line. You should have the tank upright, horizontal at the minimum. Once the screw on the ASA is engaged (depressing the tanks pin), it becomes stiff and should not unscrew itself (have not seen one do it yet).

#3 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:36 PM

depending on what marker youre using, liquid c02 may not be very bad, or may just evaporate in the line. you line may become brittle, or your gun might stop working, or some other bad thing. probably a good idea to run your tank right side up to avoid liquid co2. good luck, and have fun

#4 User is offline   Alix Primus 

• Poop
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:16 AM

So does anyone have any ideas of how I could run remote without a tank pouch?

#5 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:33 AM

View PostAlix Primus, on Feb 2 2008, 05:16 AM, said:

Are you referring to a Pod Harness, because thats only alternative to using an individual Tank Pouch

#6 User is offline   stickjock 

• May the cat eat you, and the devil eat the cat...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STICKJOCK

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:00 AM

View PostAlix Primus, on Feb 2 2008, 07:16 AM, said:

Have the same vest... any way you can fit your CO2 tank in-between the pod holders?? I only run with the standard 4 pod pouches that the vest came with, leaving the center area open with a velcro area to fit a Tank pouch if you had one... can you fit the 12 oz tank in there...?? maybe slap a little of the "handy mans helper" (aka duct tape) on to hold it??

#7 User is offline   Alix Primus 

• Poop
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:03 AM

Never thought about duct tape, might have to try that.

I have a pod harness but it dosen't fit tanks.

#8 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:41 AM

The Co2 tanks I operate off are too big for my pockets but I've found that a camel pack (the carry bag) works great for holding tanks and the remote line can go through the little hole made for the hose.

#9 User is offline   georgeyew 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:54 PM

View PostOrpackrat, on Feb 1 2008, 11:25 PM, said:

Turn the scew down until you hear the line gas up, then turn it once more. Screwing it down all the way will cut off your air supply.

When I use my remote, I always screw the knob in all the way. This did not seem to cut off the air supply for me. I don't however crank it down as tight as I can.

#10 User is offline   TheSaviorTUR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:08 PM

I usually crank mine down all the way, then unscrew it 1/2 of a turn. I've never had any issue doing this. The screw may be loose feeling when there is no tank on it, but when it has 800psi behind it, it becomes much more stiff and would take a Divine act for it to unscrew and fall out.

Doubling the "Don't put it upside down" crowd - While the liquid co2 would probably turn to gas before it got to your gun depending on fire rates, I still wouldn't want to subject a 35$ investment to the sort of abuse liquid CO2 is capable of putting out.

#11 User is offline   ag09 

• Pro Rec Baller
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AG09

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:47 PM

Third on the don't put the tank upside down.

I just screw it down until I hear it gas up. Then just a bit more.
Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war! - Patton
Texas Legion - Central Texas

#12 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• Computer Tech & Love Guru
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASSASIN2213

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:06 AM

you could also buy a leg pouch, if you dont mind the extra weight on the leg, and the oddness of it.
04 RX8 is my baby

#13 User is offline   Finch 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Canadian

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:39 PM

I highly recommend keeping your tank upright. The first time I played, i had my tank facing sideways, and something went terribly wrong and co2 exploaded out of the remote and didnt stop for a LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGG time. it was a 20 ounce tank, and I wasnt thinking and put my finger over the hose to try block it because it looked like a flamethrower, it was a giant dark gas cloud shooting 10 ft forward. Needless to say I damaged my skin on my thumb for 2 months, and the remote is screwed.

#14 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:43 PM

View PostFinch, on Feb 11 2008, 06:39 PM, said:

I highly recommend keeping your tank upright. The first time I played, i had my tank facing sideways, and something went terribly wrong and co2 exploaded out of the remote and didnt stop for a LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGG time. it was a 20 ounce tank, and I wasnt thinking and put my finger over the hose to try block it because it looked like a flamethrower, it was a giant dark gas cloud shooting 10 ft forward. Needless to say I damaged my skin on my thumb for 2 months, and the remote is screwed.

Was it a micoline remote?

#15 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:39 AM

I don't recommend duct tape. CO2 tanks get really cold when you are shooting and this would cause the adhesive to freeze, become bittle, and loose its grip, most like dropping your tank onto the ground which could then become a missle.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users