Special Ops Paintball: Am I being an idiot with my purchases? - Special Ops Paintball

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Am I being an idiot with my purchases? Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Chevrefils 

• Chevy
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ThunderChunk

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:00 PM

Actually thats all awesome gear, im sure once you start playing it will all be worth it. I just hope you stay with the sport. I would be jealous if i was him... You should take pride in your gear.

#62 User is offline   STONER 

• The Punisher
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE REAL PUNISHER

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:18 PM

If you feel like an idiot, you should see my gear bag (Bags)
I have full gear for 4 players, including 4 A-5's, one has an EGL-47 grenade launcher, and 2 sidearms, a crosman 3357. and a TAC-8 W/ compressor barrel, and a laser.

I have a very customized vest that in time will end up costing me close to $500 to fully customize.

I have spent over $300 trying to build a good working Paintball flamethrower and so far it is a post-poned project I will probably never finish.
I work 2 jobs and deal with slightly elevated blood pressure due to stress, and I spend probably %30 of my hard earned money on "Stupid" Paintball gear.

But I have no regrets, I love the game!

STONER
You know what they say about a man who packs a big gun? They don't say nothing!
SIC VIS PACEM PARABELLUM
Let em talk, cuz action is all that matters.
I'm the guy with the EGL-47! View My Special Ops Brigade Page
IPB Image

#63 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:23 PM

View PostSTONER, on May 2 2007, 08:18 PM, said:

If you feel like an idiot, you should see my gear bag (Bags)
I have full gear for 4 players, including 4 A-5's, one has an EGL-47 grenade launcher, and 2 sidearms, a crosman 3357. and a TAC-8 W/ compressor barrel, and a laser.

I have a very customized vest that in time will end up costing me close to $500 to fully customize.

I have spent over $300 trying to build a good working Paintball flamethrower and so far it is a post-poned project I will probably never finish.
I work 2 jobs and deal with slightly elevated blood pressure due to stress, and I spend probably %30 of my hard earned money on "Stupid" Paintball gear.

But I have no regrets, I love the game!

STONER

no kidding. in seven years I've blown... well, close onto about 4grand on gear alone. and that's chump change compared to some of the guys that have been playing since the early 80's.

It all pays off when you find out how much you enjoy the game. After you get that first adrenaline kick, man, nothing else comes close.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#64 User is offline   tauman5263 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:32 PM

i'm trying to keep myself out of the gear buying craze by creating a system for me to follow. for every game i play, i will allocate $5 to my paintball fund. this way, i don;t spend everyone at once and i can get better. pretty much my gun grows as i grow [as a better player].

anyway, i would love to have all of the stuff you have, except the flatline and the t8 but that's preference.

when you finally get to play, kick some arse.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate

#65 User is offline   dominancebyben1 

• ^to aqua^
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:45 PM

When I first started playing I thought that was freaking bomb-digity. I learned how to play with a blackcell ion. Later I played with a few speedball markers and realized that all the crap I was carrying around served no purpose. The vest straps and sling would always get in my way, it wasn't very functional. A tank serves the same purpose as a stock, but stocks add a hose that goes under your arm. Milsim body kits did nothing other than make my gun harder to clean. None of my "upgrades" were performance based. Sure the x-7, a-5, ion etc.. guns are good but they sure can't keep up with the higher end guns. Eventually, if you put enough money into a lower end gun to make it shoot like a high end it will cost about the same as if you had just bought the high end in the first place. I loved playing with that ion. I loved the milsim look of it. But the stuff it had on it wasn't functional. After having played with all different types of guns I can tell you that the light-weight quality performance marker will out shoot the decent gun with tons of crap on it. There is a reason why high ends cost more. My shocker will always shoot better than my ion ever did. It's a fact of life.

No your not being an idiot with your purchases. Your getting gear that you think is cool.

My opinion? Get a speedball marker. It just makes sense.

EDIT: I almost forgot... you mentioned that your bro said you would get lit up for having bad gear. He's a moron. Good gear doesn't make the paintballer good, it just makes it easier.

This post has been edited by dominancebyben1: 02 May 2007 - 08:47 PM

Proud member of the Jolly Green

#66 User is offline   kamikazze 

• If all else fails, go Kamikazze!
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:41 AM

Holy crap man I wish I had the money to buy that stuff as my first gear! Sounds good to my ears.
-kamikazze
98% of teenagers in Canada are currently bringing sexy back. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 2% that sexy never left.

#67 User is offline   theking06 

• It's Time to Prey
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:theking06

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:59 AM

View Postdhallak, on May 1 2007, 08:34 PM, said:

your not gona last five minutes in the games., if you dont have a top-of the line fast light gun, with minimal weight carying on yourself, your gona get yourself soooo lit up, its not gona be fun.

I'd suggest getting an electronic trigger for that X7. It could make a world of a difference. Even the response trigger would be fine.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image

#68 User is offline   Aar0n 

• one ball at a time
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:.68 caliber

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:43 PM

all nice stuff there... didn't he say he had a response trigger

#69 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:48 PM

give me your gear
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#70 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:56 PM

Personally, ya you are being an idiot. How can you possibly spend that much money on gear and not even played a single game. Like I wish I had that kinda money to throw into stuff I haven't even tried! How do you know you'll even like it!!!!!!
a.k.a. old_school_player (techpb), paintsoldier (MCB), paintsoldier8 (PbN)

#71 User is offline   theking06 

• It's Time to Prey
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:theking06

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:01 PM

View PostAar0n, on May 3 2007, 03:43 PM, said:

all nice stuff there... didn't he say he had a response trigger

yeah, sorry, didn't notice that the first time through. Excellent setup. You know how to adjust the speed of the response trigger?

This post has been edited by theking06: 03 May 2007 - 02:02 PM

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image

#72 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:07 PM

View PostJackson, on May 1 2007, 08:14 PM, said:

Yes and no. What you have purchased is all good gear. But do you need it all? How do you know you need all that stuff? Will it fit your style? You bought a LOT of stuff without even playing. I would recommend starting with a pretty much stock setup, maybe a few upgrades like a barrel or stock. Then figure out what you want.

And pistols I've found are pretty much pointless. by the time to put your gun down and draw your pistol, 9 times out of 10 you are already shot.

I agree he pretty much said it all however pistols are needed. Mine has saved me numerous times (well..2) and i feel awesome with it.

His first point is very valid
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#73 User is offline   dhallak 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:37 PM

Got the tac 8 today in the mail from specialops, with the tactical RH holster in multicam.
Went and purchased 3 of the small cartons of 12gram co2 canisters. I went to a small field behind a construction site by my apartment, set up a coupla pepsi cans about 50ft away, and by the second clip, hi the cans with 7 out of the 8 balls in the barrel. This thing is really nice. Will deffinetely be alot easier to use this in close quarters then my x7, with buttstock and flatline. The x7 with the airthru stock and the flatline barrel measures 30.5 inches from end to end. And thats only a 9 inch barrel. It's alot longer once you put the stiffi on it.

And just to state for the people who have just come into this thread for the first time,.. I dont have a huge amount of money, or even a really high paying job. I just decided to use my entire tax return check to get all of the equipment.

The last of my stuff, will be getting here tomorrow (my shirt), other then that, I have gotten everything, and am ready to head out and sling some paint :P I'll make sure to keep all of you updated with how the first day of paintballing goes when I finally get to head out next weekend. I'm completely realistic in that I know I am going to get tagged quite a few times at first, but I'm looking forward to when the learning curve will leave, and I'll be able to act like a seasoned player out on the fields.
(hopefully with a good group of friends I've made out there by then as well).

I'll see if I can post a picture or two tomorrow, when I can finally put on all of my stuff.
Thanks for all of the advice and opinions, I appreciate everything that's been written in here, and look forward to gettin out there and eventually stepping up, and makin you all proud to have another good paintballer out there.

PS: One last question. Paintball grenades,.. good in a pinch, or worthless in your opinions? I've read a ton of negative stuff about squadbusters, and good things about the F-Bombs from atomic ordanance,... what do you guys think of the use of grenades? Do you commonly see them, or not at all? And when you do, does it tend to piss people off more then not?
Owner, Lead Designer
Scenario Arms Paintball

#74 Guest_Burning Tears_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:41 PM

....Wow....your X-7 setup sounds like a pro woodsballers setup...nice....You sure you didnt play paintball in another lifetime?, J/K....But, wow! But if I was you, I'd ditch the gear your have for now and go with a stock class 98C. Just till you get used to PB, then step up to your X-7. So you don't break your precious X7. About the Paint Grenades though, I think they are worth it. I once played a game with a Vest Full of them, and won. I guess I just scared them, with them all rigged with a little wire that pulls them all at once, and I had them all Taped to my vest. I wasn't planning on doing a suicide bombing, but I did once, and It knocked me like 10ft back. And busted me 40$ Mask...But if you want the real MilSim look, why not get a Custom SVD? I made one from a A-5, and it scares the POOPY SHIZZLE out of people, like my Paint Howitzer. (I make alot of MilSim markers)Oh, and buy Karnage paint, its the best paint in my opinion next to Draxxus.

This post has been edited by Burning Tears: 03 May 2007 - 06:42 PM

#75 User is offline   tribe 

• getin the hang of things
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:backwoods soldier

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:39 PM

welcome to the forums

to start i did the same thing but i started out with my mr-1 and and then a couple weeks later found some spyders on ebay for back ups and they work real well..but the more i played it seemed i was missing something so i bought a 4-1 harmess and a 7 pod chest rig form Breinnese ( i think it is spelled like that) on the spec ops b/s/t section of the forum and i was still not happy. i then went remote and i was content for a cou[ple of weks and here in the last month i bought my first tippmann an x-7 because everyone else getting the A-5 and stuff .... so i couldnt be the only one out there running with my spyders ..last week i bought my sidearm for the purpose of the fact is when the x-7 runs low on air the cyclone dont work so im not going to be stuck out there with no way to fight ....thats why i got my ariakon overlord...no i have everything i need....we play about eveyweekend or other if we cant get every one together .......but i think you good choice on your gear....the vest however you could of waited on .....imo but if your comfortable than so be ............go have fun.........and again welcome to the forums
IPB Image
IPB Image

If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users