• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tm7 Tm 15 or SP-1 I just don't know Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Special E.D. 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

Alright fellas, I have come to pose a question to the all knowing Spec ops forum because it is always so helpful. I have search many forums high and low to find my answers and I am still not sure on what gun I want . I've been in the paintball game for quite sometime and I feel it is time for an upgrade from my A-5. My A-5 just isn't cutting it for me anymore, I don't I have just lost my love for my A-5.

So here is the deal I have been stewing over three guns. First the Sp-1 black heart, with upgraded L-7, bolt among a few other upgrades I would be doing to it. Cheapest of the three guns, and seems to be tried and true in woods ball. The issue I have with the Sp-1 is the hopper being straight on top of the gun, and that smart parts has gone out of business, so not much for customer service.

The Tm7, Seen a lot of reviews on this gun, it seems early on there were a lot of problems with this gun but it is basically a milsim mini, which sounds outstanding. Seems to shoot super fast and be rather accurate, has an offset hopper, and is lightweight. I have heard though, that the fore grip is flimsy, the trigger is spongy, and that it is made of plastic. The main thing I am worried about is it is made of plastic. I would like to duracoat it like my A-5. Either people have loved or hated this gun.

The Tm 15 there is not a ton out there about this gun, other then a few youtube reviews, but not nothing really in the forum. Has the invert mini internals but the gun is a lot bigger then the tm7, I would cut down the shroud to make it look better and lighter but it still seems like a beast of a gun and would make difficult maneuvering is CQC. Then again I have a tpx pistol for such things but more fire power wouldn't hurt. I would also do the bolt upgrade for which ever TM I get as well. The good side of this gun is it is made of magnesium which makes it durable and great for duracoat, has the offset hopper, and the gun doesn't need to be completely taken apart to remove the bolt and lube everything.

I want to know what you guys think of each of the guns and if you use any or all of guns which one is best? Also if you were in my position which one would you choose? Also what kind of hopper would you use on these guns as well?

Thanks fellas

#2 User is offline   trustme 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tippywoodsballin

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:39 PM

I own a Tm7 and you were right its fast, accurate, and efficient. My only complaint is the trigger i bought the double trigger hopping to be able to walk it in semi but its not very easy. It is spongy so if you intend on playing semi auto only and intend on reaching high rates of fire then the TM7 is "sadly" not the marker for you. As far as it being plastic im not sure what material it is forsure but its strong as can be, its strong enough to where if you break it, it was done deliberatly. Tm15 is same technology with just a couple changes such as bolt out back, and made of different material. In my opinion Tm7>tm15. SP1 with black heart, i have shot a few of these and they are alright guns not bad but not awesome either. A few guys at my local field have SP1 some with upgrades some without and they all want to shoot my TM7 and all love it. So take that how you will but out of those 3 you cant go wrong!
setups=BT TM-7, Double Trigger, Lapco 12" apex ready, Apex barrel, Rotor
Infinity legend, 68/45, cp reg, new designz asa

#3 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

Well throw the Sp1 out because Smart Parts is going down, from what we know and if something goes wrong with that, or you lose a piece, your out of luck.

The TM15 and TM7...I would take the TM7 just because I like the smaller type of markers. Sorry I am not much help on that part. But on the hoppers...

I was in your boat. I wanted something that performed well, but didn't break the bank. Then I said, why not get something that will last me for a long time and performs great. I dropped the cash and bought a Dye Rotor. Yea it was a lot of money, but I don't regret it at all. It meets all the expectations and I plan on using it for a long time. The Rotor will look great IMO on both those markers and will easily keep up with them. It is can be dissasmbled in 10 seconds by an 8 year old (youtube it) and is super low maintence. I couldn't be happier with it.

Hope this helped :)

#4 User is offline   Special E.D. 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

I love how small the tm7 is, but I was looking at Warwitch's mods that he did to his tm 15 and it looks like he got his pretty compact, and it looks sick, and if I got a tm 15 i was planning on sawing off the end. Not so much concerned about the drum feed.

#5 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

His mod is pretty cool. But remember this, if you mess up, you may have to buy a new one. Thats why I am weary about modding my markers.

#6 User is offline   xrugger 

• I fart in your general direction!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:xrugger

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

I agree with the dropping of the SP-1. As far as the TM-7 I have seen one take a shot straight on and the paint penetrated the frame and shorted out the board. It seams that you are pretty fond of the Tm15 and the few things that I have read about it, it sounds great. If your only drawback is the difficulty in CQC, I would ask you this. Are you going to get rid of your A5? If not, you could put the identity crisis B5 Bullpup mod on you A5. Then you could have the bes of both worlds, the sweet TM-15 for regular games and the bullpup a5 for CQC games. Obviously you couldn't tote both but you could choose the best gun for the particular game.

Attached File(s)

IF YOU CAN READ THIS.....THANK A TEACHER!

#7 User is offline   Special E.D. 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

5N1P3R, on Mar 12 2010, 12:23 PM, said:

His mod is pretty cool. But remember this, if you mess up, you may have to buy a new one. Thats why I am weary about modding my markers.

yea that is always a concern, but I'm pretty handy and would thoroughly plan it out first. Plus the mod wouldn't effect the performance of the gun at all. I couldn't handle running with the tm 15 unmodded it is way to big.

#8 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:42 PM

its not really that big, pictures of it make it look huge. the soggy mod does take off bout 4 inches though. id def take tm15 over a sp1 though. i had a b5 as well, prob my favorite milsim marker i had, it is a serious head turner!
Posted Image
MM PB /VALKEN / FLASC / CCC / COMPULSIVE / MSS / TIBERIUS / GUERRILLA

#9 User is offline   Special E.D. 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

xrugger, on Mar 12 2010, 12:25 PM, said:

I agree with the dropping of the SP-1. As far as the TM-7 I have seen one take a shot straight on and the paint penetrated the frame and shorted out the board. It seams that you are pretty fond of the Tm15 and the few things that I have read about it, it sounds great. If your only drawback is the difficulty in CQC, I would ask you this. Are you going to get rid of your A5? If not, you could put the identity crisis B5 Bullpup mod on you A5. Then you could have the bes of both worlds, the sweet TM-15 for regular games and the bullpup a5 for CQC games. Obviously you couldn't tote both but you could choose the best gun for the particular game.

I think have dropped the sp-1 from the competition. I am getting rid of my A-5 I don't think I really need it is I am buying something and the A-5 would mostly fund the new gun. I am fond of the tm 15 but I am not sure if i can mod it to be small enough for my liking.

#10 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:41 PM

PM'd about your A5

#11 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:33 AM

Did you consider the X7 Phenom? It's in a similar price range of the TMs and I haven't heard ANY bad things about it.

#12 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou, on Apr 14 2010, 01:33 AM, said:

Did you consider the X7 Phenom? It's in a similar price range of the TMs and I haven't heard ANY bad things about it.

I heard the cyclone is STILL a blender (at least when it's chilly...but it was only as low as -8 celsius when I was playing with the guy that had one).

Yes, we were using winter paint :P

#13 User is offline   D.B.D 

• Snipar4
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snipar4

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:11 AM

I own the Phenom and do think it's a nice gun.

There have been problems though, blender of the cyclone I haven't heard, but a problem with some of the guns is the front bolt slicing the paintball, but can be fixed with a little sanding.

Also, a problem with the cyclone not feeding, but that is as simple as too much oil in the little line, or it kinking.

But as for the now two choices above:
TM7 is a very nice gun, but I don't like the straight-feed hopper.
TM15 I haven't seen much of this gun, so I don't have a good comment.
Aim for anything that is visible, most of my shots are either leg, elbow or head... that is if you see me first.

#14 User is offline   trustme 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tippywoodsballin

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:46 AM

D.B.D, on Apr 14 2010, 12:11 PM, said:

I own the Phenom and do think it's a nice gun.

There have been problems though, blender of the cyclone I haven't heard, but a problem with some of the guns is the front bolt slicing the paintball, but can be fixed with a little sanding.

Also, a problem with the cyclone not feeding, but that is as simple as too much oil in the little line, or it kinking.

But as for the now two choices above:
TM7 is a very nice gun, but I don't like the straight-feed hopper.
TM15 I haven't seen much of this gun, so I don't have a good comment.

TM7 doesnt have a straight-feed hopper. It has a offset feedneck.
setups=BT TM-7, Double Trigger, Lapco 12" apex ready, Apex barrel, Rotor
Infinity legend, 68/45, cp reg, new designz asa

#15 User is offline   D.B.D 

• Snipar4
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snipar4

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:43 PM

Whoops... My bad, wrong gun. But it does have part of the feed neck that goes over the top rail.
Aim for anything that is visible, most of my shots are either leg, elbow or head... that is if you see me first.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users