Special Ops Paintball: USMC MARPAT FOREST TACTICAL MOLLE PLATE CARRIER VEST - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

USMC MARPAT FOREST TACTICAL MOLLE PLATE CARRIER VEST

#1 User is offline   jag06 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:jag06

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:27 PM

After almost a month of waiting for my vest(backorder) I decided to buy a little more exspecive vest so it would get here in time for Fast Food Wars at BR Paintball this weakend. It just came to today so I thought I would post my first impresions of it. Here is the vest I bought.

What I purchessed

This Vest
2 of these(with 2 more on the way), This co2 tank pouch, and this radio pouch.

Vest $60 + shipping
4 140 round pods $47.96 + shipping
co2 pouch $21.99 shipped with the first 2 140 dound pod pouches
Radio pouch $8.99 shipped with vest

Total=138.94 + $30-$40 in shipping

Vest

The quality of this vest is great. The vest I have had for a little over a year that I have been useing started to get threads coming loose after a few hours, and that was just looking at it and testing pockets out. So far, this thing is built like a rock. Its very adjustable. It can fit shorter people, and adjust to fit people like me(6ft 2, 200 lbs). I can make it real snug, or real loose. Its a good one size fits all vest.

140 round pod pouches

These are great, velcro+ clips. They hold the pods in tight.

co2 pouch

Pretty much the same at the pod pouch, just a little bigger and a slot for the co2 tank threads to stick through.

Radio pouch

Its great, I can adjust how tight or loose the radio is held in.

Overal I am very impressed with how the pouches are made. They all seem very durible. The only thing I have a problem with is getting the pouches on, it takes a little while. After I put 2 pouches on, I saw that I put them on wrong. I then took them off and then put it back on correct. After putting all 3 on, my finger tips are a little sore. On the flip side, they are help on very vell. Without snapping the on with just the strap in the loop, I could not just pull it out, I had to work it.

Here are some pics.

Front

Posted Image

Back

Posted Image

Open

Posted Image

Jag

EDIT: Links fixed

This post has been edited by jag06: 07 November 2007 - 02:28 PM

My Feedback +7/-0 Gore Family Paintball field
Digitally Dangerous member #3

#2 User is offline   Mulletar 

• Emasculator of the puerile
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mulletar

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:43 PM

Very cool. Though why do you have the pod pouches on the back?

For those interested, you can get the same exact vest in OD for half the price on CheaperThanDirt.

http://www.cheaperth...44930-1977.html

94% of the people on this forum have an annoying statistic in their signature. If you think that's ridiculously stupid, or even if you're a part of the 0.5% that couldn't care less, put this in your sig.

#3 User is offline   jag06 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jag06

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:06 PM

I did that so when I do some crawling I will not crush my pods. Just trying the vest on and playing around with the pods, is pretty easy to get the pods out and back in while they are on my back.
My Feedback +7/-0 Gore Family Paintball field
Digitally Dangerous member #3

#4 User is offline   a5dude 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

After putting it through its first scenario game, I have quite a bit to say. First off, I had not problems with it at all. Ok, here is a detailed review.

Location of pods. I have seen a lot of pod belts were they put the pods upside down on the back, I thought I would try that to see how it worked. it worked great. on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the highest, I give it a 4.5. The reason for a 4.5 is that sometimes you go to grab a end pod and grab a middle pod. So the next time you go to get a middle pod, I have already used it and have to put the pod back in and then get the end pod. Other than that, no problems.

co2 pouch. The co2 pouch did great as well. Its very durible, and I do not think i ever felt it bouncing around while running. I give it a 4. the reason for a 4 is that it is a bit of a pain to attach the remote coil and take it off. But that was only twice that I had to take the tank out and put it in. the best way I found to put the remote on and off is to put the remot on the co2 first and then feed the remot through the hole. You stop 3/4 of the way and then put the tank in the pouch and then pull the coil the rest of the way.

The radio pouch. I use motorola 12 mile radios. I bought a motorola ear peice with boom mike at gander mountain. I put the wire through the black ring on the left shoulder and then put the ear peice on my ear under my mask. I put the rest of the excess wire in the pouch with the radio. The pouch was perfet, never had a problem with pouch. I give it a 5.

Now the vest. I like the elastic velcro belt on the inside, I can realy get the vest snug. No problems with it bouncing around. The durability of the vest is great. There is only 2 drawbacks to the vest, one is the weight, and the other is its not the best to take off and put back on a lot. When your gun and radio is attached through your vest and you want to take it off to go into the cp, its a little work to get it off and put it back on.

This vest is very thick. I was shot out and was going back to my cp. I had my barrel sleeve on and my hand and gun in the air. I was standing in one spot to wait for a gun fight to finish so I could go through. Next thing I know, I here pop pop pop on my vest. I had been shot 3-4 times on my vest and never felt it. The guy was about 20 feet from me. Never felt it. If you want a vest to cary all your stuff in, and want a little protection, this is the vest for you. I give the vest a 4 only becouse of the weight.

Overall, I give the setup a 4.5 out of 5. Almost perfect, but not quite. I will be using this vest until its last thread comes out. Jugging bt the way the vest is made, that will be a long time away. Hope this review helps a few people in there vest hunt.

Jag

Edit: I am realy going to have to start to see who is logged in, me or my brother. Ow well,

Jag

This post has been edited by a5dude: 07 May 2007 - 12:30 PM

#5 User is offline   dspj71 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:13 AM

Were did you order from

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic