Special Ops Paintball: Suggest New Special Ops Products - Special Ops Paintball

• (69 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Suggest New Special Ops Products Must be of your invention.

#976 User is offline   Master_Sniper 

• Putting the "chool" in "School"
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Master_Sniper

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:43 AM

Or you could have eyes in the neck of the hopper. They don't chop there. Or never have on me.
IPB Image#22

#977 User is offline   Spyglass 

• Buttered Toast
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Spyglass

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:42 PM

Still, though, judging it by weight will help you more. Sure, for the most part, approximate counts would work, but there are always those just-in-case bits where it might come in handy. Besides, an exact count is flashy and will sell better.
Spam is for sandwiches, not the forums!
Catholic Sniper: More pray, less spray
My Brigade Page
Captain of Team Leviathan
LAW launcher for sale, $75, PM me for details

#978 User is offline   reaver304 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:chupacabra304

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:58 PM

BUT!!! your missing the whole point spyglass is right were how would the laser see how many paintballs are LEFT if it counts only how many youve shot!

if you could combine how many youve shot with the weight inside thhe hopper AND an EYE system the hopper could see at what lvl the paintballs are at then combine it with the weight to see how many you HAVE

and start counting down from there with the eye in feedneck wow im good
you need me to point your fingers at and say thats the bad guy
but that doesnt make you good guys it just makes you cowards that dont have the guts to be what you wanna be...there are ambush snipers and ghost flankers im both!

#979 User is offline   Spyglass 

• Buttered Toast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:54 PM

Or, if you want to take it one step farther, get little bar code-type markers on your pods that you list in your hopper the exact number of how many paintballs it has for all of your pods, punch in how many paintballs exactly are in the hopper, and a laser scanner to see which pod it is and read how many paintballs are in there. It would also be smart to have a button on the side for entering how many rounds are dropped when you fill up. Give it an eye...voila! You now know exactly how many shots you have left. More reliable than weight or best-guess numbers.
My Brigade Page

#980 User is offline   Spyglass 

• Buttered Toast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:38 PM

Either way, he got us closer to the 1,000 post mark.

How about a rating board for Special Ops products, but not just a "One-out-of-five" type deal. Rate it on how much it enhances range, accuracy, ergonomics, reliability, looks, etc. That way, newbs like our little buddy up there know what to buy for what they want, not just what to buy to blend in with the crowd. Help individualism! Spread democracy!
My Brigade Page

#981 User is offline   reaver304 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:33 PM

yeah i was reading the idea thats awesome...

where did the louisiana thing come from!?!?! so random

well so far weve somewhat solved the hopper thing but i dont like the barcode idea that much...
its just to long
so basically the chip is hooked up wo an eye system and a weight calc, that gives you an extremely close amount

maybe it could count the paintballs in PERCENTS!!!!
but that doesnt make you good guys it just makes you cowards that dont have the guts to be what you wanna be...there are ambush snipers and ghost flankers im both!

#982 User is offline   Snake556 

• MTS: Delta co-founder. Commander and Sabre
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snake556

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:35 PM

That would actually be a better idea.
i.e. you have 45% of a hopper. Shoot some. You have 10% of a hopper. Reload.

I like it!
Sig removed due to rules Violation. Please review the sig rules located HERE
Over sized image

#983 User is offline   reaver304 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:56 PM

ok heres a rough sketch of what weve devised

Attached File(s)

#984 User is offline   reaver304 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:03 PM

am i good or what!?!?

#985 User is offline   Skippy 

• Doesn't have time to bleed
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:skippyshwarz

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:28 PM

That is the most implausible idea I have ever seen. What does it even do? All I see it doing is making an expensive but pointless laser light show inside your hopper. There is NO practical way of measuring how many balls are left in your hopper. The only way of doing it is to measure how many balls ARE NOT in your hopper. When you have something strapped to a gun being bounced and bumped around, you can't have delicate optics and weigh scales. They just don't work.

In short, you can count shots and use that reading to approximate how many balls are left, but other than that you might as well just draw a depth gauge on the side of a transperant hopper, because thats about how accurate it's going to be anyhow.

EDIT: And for the record, you can't just stick random crap into a hopper and expect it to work. This unit would have to be external.

And here's a lame drawing of my lame unit.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Skippy: 05 November 2006 - 09:41 PM

I may be the only person in the world who can cut himself on the blunt end of a bayonet.

#986 User is offline   Skippy 

• Doesn't have time to bleed
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:skippyshwarz

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:01 AM

Sorry if I came off harsh. If you actually READ my response, you will see the reason I say it's implausible. I didn't say it was stupid. I asked how it was supposed to work, because it is not obvious. I said it was implausible due to sensitive electronics and extensive hopper modification by the end user.

If you want to shoot my proposition full of holes, have fun. I really couldn't care less, in fact it would be helpful for the sake of progress. But please, PLEASE, don't go FEMALE DOGing to me about things I didn't say. Not ONCE did I insult the person who came up with the idea. It was him who enticed me to look into the idea further, if you will turn back a couple pages. If it wasn't for me bringing the idea back up with a fairly plausible application that HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE IN A SIMILAR ENVIROMENT we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

So in short, get off your knee jerk reactions and try to read the whole thread before jumping to conclusions.

EDIT: After re-looking at the diagram I posted, I have to say: IT WAS ONLY SEMI SERIOUS. All the "lame-DUMPER" stuff in it was not aimed at someone in particular. IT'S A JOKE. I'm not saying his gun is lame-DUMPER. I'm not saying ANYONE's gun is lame-DUMPER. In fact, my gun is probably more lame-DUMPER than preatty much everyone on this board. I was just writing a dumb diagram. Infact, I called my own diagram lame-DUMPER. Once again, kneejerk reactions!=correct reaction.

Also, you could get in deep poopie for going around the filter.

This post is also pointless as the post above which it was directed at has been deleted.

This post has been edited by Skippy: 07 November 2006 - 07:06 AM

I may be the only person in the world who can cut himself on the blunt end of a bayonet.

#987 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jaron

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:32 AM

So I just bought a new air tank and saw that it came with those nice rubber caps for the neck and refill nipple. Then I got to wondering how long it would be before I lost both of them. So, how about you make a small little composite plastic clamp that goes around the neck and covers the refill nipple? I've heard plenty of times, and had a few of my own troubles, with people getting junk and debris in the refill port while playing. The main valve wouldn't really need it since it's usually hooked up to the marker / remote line anyway. Though I suppose you could make one for that too, just for the people who carry multiple tanks on their backs.

#988 User is offline   Spyglass 

• Buttered Toast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:15 PM

Jaron, good idea.

Skippy, sorry if I took it the wrong way. I do overreact a lot. I just saw the way it was written and got annoyed. You know what? I wouldn't be annoyed (probably even get a kick out of it) if you were to poke a few jokes at me, I was making fun of a radio announcer in my dad's truck yesterday for disconnecting people on the phone because he "didn't like the way that they presented their ideas." He was really just ticked because they didn't agree with his somments, but anyway, back to here.... Again, I'm sorry.

Six more posts to one thousand! Break out the wine!
My Brigade Page

#989 User is offline   Zac 

• Im at your field burninating your players
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lightening Strike

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:54 PM

How bout a grip for a 98 custom since you cant remove the handle/grip at the front of it make a grip like what real rifles have but make it so it fits in the existing handle of the 98c.

#990 User is offline   Spyglass 

• Buttered Toast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:06 PM

You mean like the A5a2 grip? Oh, and welcome to the forums.
My Brigade Page

Share this topic:

• (69 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked