R/T to APE what to remove,

#1 User is offline   colombiano333.3 

• You can't get like me
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:colombiano333.3

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

hey,
i was just switching my A5 from my old R/T to my new APE which just came in the mail today.
the response fitting that originally went to the piston, does that need to be removed?
it's the one where the hose gets to, also theres a little like hole (which the air passes through to the grip) and that seems to be attached to the gun, does that come off?
please help. thank you.

#2 User is offline   Ironside 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THE_IRONMAN

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:45 AM

hey from what i understand the R/T is totally diffferent from the E-grip and essentially everything accosiated (sp?) with R/T trigger has to come off. The R/T uses excess air to kick the trigger back to the ready position, and an electronic board disengages a sear which fires the marker...no air needed. I'm not sure if you can tear everything out of the R/T trigger frame and drop in the board, and you have to end up buying an e-grip and replace the board in it.

Please remember I'm not 100% ure on this as I went from a mechnical frame to an e-frame, so if someone else could respond to this and confirm.

#3 User is offline   Natedog 

• Tactical Broadsword with a Tippy Lying Down Heavy Bases of Fire&
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:NATEDOG1251

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:27 PM

yeah dude you are 100% correct you have to completey strip your original R/T system and then install the e-grip into the back handle and close it up.

lol, yeah tippmann owner with an e-grips are amazing.

:ghillie:
-I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' hard-core meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!- -Opsgear Point Blank Killas-
-John McCain '08- -Obama is a terrorist-

#4 User is offline   Ironside 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THE_IRONMAN

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:17 PM

Yes E-grips are amazing....when they work :/ my e-grip i bought 3 days ago will stop shooting on full auto after 3/4 of a hopper. it has the W.A.S. Equalizer board in it, so that is most likely the problem lol. Some advice colombiano333.3, when you buy your e-grip, bite the bullet and buy the $80 or so APE Rampage board at the same time and swap out the boards. You'll probably end up paying about $200, but it will save you a lot of headaches and problems in the long run....trust me.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users