• This topic is locked

I'm bored

#1 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Post icon  Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:45 PM

I recently moved to a new area and after work I have nothing to do. And on the weekends...same problem. And my real problem is that I hate being bored so much that I try to fill every minute of my boredom with an activity until eventually I'm doing too many things.

There's paintball once a month (just because I'd go broke if I played as much as I'd like to)...no bigee.
Then recently I found a rink nearby that has drop in hockey on Monday nights and is starting a league that has games on Wednesday nights. So there's two nights down.
I usually play golf once a week with a couple guys I work with...so there's one night down.
And yesterday I got the massive urge to get back into martial arts...which could take up Thursday and Friday nights and Saturday afternoon.
That just leaves Sunday free (on non-paintball weekends)...which I probably will fill up with church if I ever get the nerve to go visit the church near me.

The dilemma is...that leaves no time for running...which I "need" to do if I want to stay in shape and get back into doing 5Ks. And, that list of hobbies gets pretty danged expensive. I just don't know why I can't enjoy the peace and quiet of not having things "to do". I think there must be something wrong with me that I lack the ability to do "nothing". And that leads me to therapy...which I probably should keep one night free for so that I can find out why I am the way I am.
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#2 User is offline   Texas Trigger 

• Nothin' but the rain...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

Go outside...Backpacking, canyoneering, rock climbing. I love that stuff. Martial arts are a blast too. Krav Maga is my personal preference. What area are you in?

OR...Start working on your pilot's license. It's good stuff. And once you get it, you can fly to less boring areas!
I'm here, Benjie, I'm here, I said, clasping his hand on my arm.
Help me Rootie, my legs won't move.
Aw Benjie, it'll be okay Benj, I'll give you mine

USAFA '12.

#3 Guest_YokenaCrue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:10 PM

Take up music, guitar, piano, drums, whatever. Requires a huge amount of time and dedication, and nothing is more satisfying in life.

#4 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:51 PM

Get a girlfriend/boyfriend. If you have enough 'physical time' your workout time can be reduced.

EDIT: yes this is a money pit also.

This post has been edited by Spitfire151: 17 June 2010 - 02:52 PM

SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.
Reviews: Spec Ops Custom Vest
Mods: Minor Mask Mod

#5 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

you can never just hang out at home? I hang out at home alot...although most of that time is taken up either cleaning my paintball gear, reading about paintball or posting on here.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#6 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:49 AM

Kankakee eh? your only about an hour and a half or so away from me..

come to fox paintball next week (june 26th)

www.foxpaintball.com

il be there

its pretty boring out there.. you need to come out here ..

me and my friends will spend countless hours hanging around bs'n and random crap happens.. from car accidents, drunk people stumbling down the road, stupid people that dont know how to drive in general.. and there is the occasional gang fight down the road.. so we keep a supply of pop corn handy for moments like that. most of my friends are gear heads as well so there is always the entertaining "crap im gonna do to my car speech" and since most of us work together at the same place we always talk about politics and crap involved with work, and horror stories.. well more like funny stories..

and if your looking for some scenario play, fox is putting on a game September 19th i think.. i dont think pre registration is open yet, but it is BYOP and i think its around $50 or so.. im trying to get a mission / support team together for the event, and you are more then welcome to run with us. we are going to sign up for the Army Rangers side.

This post has been edited by Thumper113: 18 June 2010 - 02:02 AM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#7 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:40 AM

View PostThumper113, on Jun 18 2010, 03:49 AM, said:

and if your looking for some scenario play, fox is putting on a game September 19th i think.. i dont think pre registration is open yet, but it is BYOP and i think its around $50 or so.. im trying to get a mission / support team together for the event, and you are more then welcome to run with us. we are going to sign up for the Army Rangers side.

I actually am strongly considering making it to Fox for that scenario game on the 19th. I can't really justify playing there too much when there's a field (Realms of Ruin) like 15 minutes away and Fox is over an hour further than that...but I do like BYOP fields and I've heard Fox is a decent place so I'm going to try and make it out there for the scenario in September. I'll be sure to sign up for the Army Rangers side.
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#8 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:21 PM

oh no, it's another one of the crazy illinoisians.....I need to take a tour of all the paintball field around the base next time I'm out, there were several within easy biking distance of me.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#9 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

Fox is pretty nice, there is another field that is closer to me, but they are outright expensive and i bent the alignment in my car driving down their pot hole central dirt road, and that place charges $90 a case and the staging area/fields are a dump.

fox paintball is about 1 hr 15 minutes from me, and its worth every mile and minute behind that wheel, i always have a good time even if people are cheating or the refs aint doing their jobs, but the refs have been getting better since i last had a problem there..

me and my friend were talking about hitting up realms of ruin for their weekend Halloween scenario, but he recently changed his mind and wants to go to the MINI scenario at Fox, im gonna try my best to convince him to go anyways, i think they are on separate weekends so we might be able to hit up both.

i have been meaning to go to this game at for YEARS now, but procrastination always got the best of me, but since living legends, im more determined then ever to hit more scenario games in the area.
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#10 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:01 PM

You need to find yourself a girl mate.
Or perhaps the reason you practice three hours a day is that you already found one, and are otherwise incapable of wooing said strumpet. You're not a eunuch are you?

...sorry, couldn't resist :D

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#11 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:22 AM

View PostPirate, on Jun 19 2010, 10:01 PM, said:

Or perhaps the reason you practice three hours a day is that you already found one, and are otherwise incapable of wooing said strumpet. You're not a eunuch are you?

...sorry, couldn't resist :P

Being married sort of prohibits one from "finding a girlfriend". Not that said activity wouldn't be entertaining...and take up at least 1-2 nights of boredom...but I'm trying to save adultery for further down on the list due to it's inherent morale and legal complications that eventually follow. However, I have been so bored the last couple Fridays and Saturdays that I would be lieing if I claimed the thought of going out hunting for chicks didn't cross my mind.

Oh...and that makes more sense if I point out that the wife currently lives back in Michigan while I'm getting settled out here.

To be totally honest, the #$%ppy thing about being married is that even if she were here, I don't think I'd be less bored on Friday and Saturday nights. :dodgy:

#12 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

View Postaslanprime, on Jun 21 2010, 02:22 PM, said:

To be totally honest, the #$%ppy thing about being married is that even if she were here, I don't think I'd be less bored on Friday and Saturday nights. :(

lol ... so ......... what are you trying to say ?

:panzer:

#13 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

Get cooking!
Start baking!
Make her a Giangantic I love you card, Because you can. And it will be fun!

Write a funny peom and put it into a card and slip in into something she brings to work so she can read it.

Have fun.

And it might pay off in the end.

roses are red, violets are blue. although I may not be pretty, It's cool because I get to look at you.

#14 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

View Postaslanprime, on Jun 21 2010, 11:22 AM, said:

View PostPirate, on Jun 19 2010, 10:01 PM, said:

...sorry, couldn't resist :P

Being married sort of prohibits one from "finding a girlfriend". Not that said activity wouldn't be entertaining...and take up at least 1-2 nights of boredom...but I'm trying to save adultery for further down on the list due to it's inherent morale and legal complications that eventually follow. However, I have been so bored the last couple Fridays and Saturdays that I would be lieing if I claimed the thought of going out hunting for chicks didn't cross my mind.

Oh...and that makes more sense if I point out that the wife currently lives back in Michigan while I'm getting settled out here.

To be totally honest, the #$%ppy thing about being married is that even if she were here, I don't think I'd be less bored on Friday and Saturday nights. :D

Ah, now that gives us more to work with. Or less...
Yeah, I retract my previous statement then. Adultery is bad >,>

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#15 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:32 AM

View PostEskimo, on Jun 22 2010, 08:40 PM, said:

Get cooking!
Start baking!
Make her a Giangantic I love you card, Because you can. And it will be fun!

Write a funny peom and put it into a card and slip in into something she brings to work so she can read it.

Have fun.

And it might pay off in the end.

roses are red, violets are blue. although I may not be pretty, It's cool because I get to look at you.

That's a lot of work for sex with someone I've already slept with. :P

roses are red, violets are blue. I may not be pretty, but neither are you.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users