• You cannot reply to this topic

A5 A-5 Flatline barrel and e-grip Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   VCR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Alcateia

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

Hi, I have a A-5 whit a e-grip, dos same one have experience whit a A5, e-grip flatline combination?
Im wonderimg if the Flatline cam work whit 15bps.

I also find that my A5 make a lot of noise compared whit other brands, and that is a big tactical disadvantages. Is there a way to make it less noisy.

Thanks, VCR

#2 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

Skip the flatline. With the rate of fire you would basically have a very expensive paint sprayer.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#3 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:44 PM

I don't know about the e-grip Flatline combo, but as for quieting down an A-5 the only things that will help is to Polish the internals(find out how in the Internals section of the forum), and get a heavily ported barrel. This won't make it quiet per say, but it's about all you can do.

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#4 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:50 PM

Yes, I have an e-grip and flatline on my A-5.

And yes, it is a very expensive paint sprayer - but man does it rock as a "heavy machine gun".
I have never had any paint-breakage issues with it or anything like that. As for performance - unless you get a well-broken-in regulator on there, it's not going to shoot very consistently. Quality paint will help too, but nothing is going to get it nearly as accurate as other markers you could buy. That's just the way it is.

As far as quieting it down... you're pretty much out of luck. If you want to be sneaky with that thing, you'd better not fire AT ALL until you're ready to end the game with one decisive ambush or something. Measures can be taken to quiet it somewhat, but an A-5 with flatline is going to be about as stealthy as yelling "bang" no matter what you do. You're better off making it louder and taking advantage of the intimidation factor (or getting a new marker).

EDIT: That's my A-5 in my sig actually...

This post has been edited by Silent-7: 14 April 2008 - 07:52 PM

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   VCR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:15 AM

Thanks for the tips. A paint sprayer, that’s exactly what I need :-)

KRA SHARPSHOOTER I have Polish the internals, the joints and used graphite lube and it helps but the most visible gains are in air consumption.

I love my A5 but I wouldn’t mind if it would be a bit quieter. Around here we play in smaller fields, 7 minutes games whit 5 man, so it’s always good not to revel your position.

I’m my position; I do suppressive, support fire and same times shower fire, the increased range and the BPS help allot.

Silent-7 is it going to lose accuracy? At the moment whit a 16´sniper barrel I fire around 700 to 1000 rounds per game, and never have paint-breakage, can I expect the same whit the flatline?

In not sure I understand “unless you get a well-broken-in regulator” do you mean the preset? Or the internal valve?

Thanks again for the help, not may people are using A5 were I came from so the help is much appreciated.

#6 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:14 PM

Hey, no problem.

As far as accuracy, it honestly depends on the paint. If the paint you're using has a good bore match with your 16" barrel, it'll be tough for the flatline to be as accurate. But, like I said earlier, having a high quality paint will really help. If you're using really good paint with your flatline, you'll probably be plenty satisfied with it's accuracy.

When referring to the regulator, I was talking about consistent velocity. Good paint and a good barrel will improve your "left to right accuracy", but the vertical accuracy still depends on whether or not your marker fires at a consistent velocity. Personally, I use a Palmer's Stabilizer on my A-5. It doesn't make a huge difference at first, but once you get it broken in (fire a few cases of paint with it) your consistency will improve dramatically. Just make sure you turn the A-5's velocity screw almost all the way out and use just the regulator pressure to adjust velocity, otherwise it's not doing a whole lot.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   VCR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:23 AM

I read same very positive reviews about the Palmer's Stabilizer on a A5 but for 100€ plus 100€ for the flatline … I can buy a ION EX for that kind of money.:-(

I’m using compressed air and even if I experienced same inconstancy problems, they were mostly related whit the bolt spring. I wouldn’t mind to have more constancy but for that price …

#8 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:31 AM

if you are already using HPA you don't need a secondary regulator on that A5. It will only starve the marker for air and cause more problems. If you need more consistency, and you aren't getting it out of HPA you are pretty much out of luck. The A5 isn't a consistent marker, it's because of how it's made and the horrible tolerances it is made to. HPA is the best thing you can do. If you already did that and it didn't help, try another marker. Not trying to be rude, just honest and save you some cash.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#9 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:34 AM

Ah, I didn't realize that you were using HPA. In that case, I agree with Legato... the only real way to get any more consistency (other than making sure you keep using good paint) would be to use something besides an A-5. I've wanted to replace mine for a little while now. Sad but true...
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:28 PM

An alternative to using the Flatline is picking up an Apex Barrel. It allows you to get the same and some would argue better range than the flatline. The barrel that comes with the Apex tip is fairly large and tolerates paint to a much higher degree than the flatline barrel does. It also has an adjustable ramp that allows you to adjust the amount of backspin you are putting on the ball. You can shoot curves with it although I have found that to be just about useless. Finally, you can shoot dive bombs which I have found to be invaluale when trying to get someone from out behind a bunker on on the down side of a slope where they have complete cover.

You can also mode an existing barrel, depending on the barrel, to take the Apex tip. This increases the acuracy greatly. There are some barrels, like the C series and Lapco barrels that are made to accept the Apex tip without having to do the Apex mod to them.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#11 User is offline   VCR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

Apex Barrel also sounds like a good option and at a better price but I can’t buy it here. I already ad same bad luck buying stuff in the US, it got destroyed for postal cheeking in the border. Dive bombs, that is same thing that it would be very good for the type of fields we are using.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users