Special Ops Paintball: Question for the pumpers out there... - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question for the pumpers out there... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   THE GIVEN DEATH 

• BYAH!!!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:THE GIVEN DEATH

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

Hey guys and gals and lords of all things pump, I've got a CCM S6 on the way and my friend hates me for it. What he doesn't know is I have a Trilogy sport that I snagged off ebay for fifty bucks, which is going to be turned into a little starter pump for him. I am looking for three things, a good and not too pricey barrel kit. I was thinking the J&J edge kit. Next is a good regulator, since this one only has that gas-thru nonsense. Perhaps a CP? And last but not least i need a pump kit for it. I have it narrowed down to these two.

First is the trinity dual rod kit

second is the PMP kit, hitman or not.

Really, i could use a little help hooking him up, I know the trilogy isn't exactly the best gun in the world to use for a pump, but I don't have the money for another CCM for him haha! Thanks in advance guys!

-Bri
"So apparently, my entire team felt that it was totally necessary to storm up the left side and get wiped out, leaving me with two pods, half a hopper, and thirteen trigger happy psychos bearing down on the last player left alive thirty seconds into the match. Thank you, guys." -Me at my last game.

My Feedback

#2 User is offline   Spud01 

• Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

I suggest the PMP kit. they work fine and I liked mine when I had it. I like CP regs as well, never had a problem with any I have used. I've never used a J&J so I can't give you any feedback on that. A CP one piece is a nice cheap alternate though.

#3 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:15 PM

The Trilogy may not be the best gun in the world, but it's a damn fine pump.

The J&J edge is probably the best for the buck. If you're not looking for a kit, the Custom Products single piece like Spud01 said is very nice, or an Invert Nightstick.

Your best bet is the CP reg, as I've never had any problem with them.

Finally, I have to recommend the PMP kit, as that's what I carry on my Trilogy.

#4 User is offline   SN toter 

• Yes, I had a Super Nova
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SN TOTER

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:20 PM

I've heard good things about the PMP kit.

IIsports.com has everything you'll need for the rest. Empire cocker threaded barrel backs for $6.50 each with a lot of bore sizes available and multiple tips for I think $4.50. I pieced together 4 pc kit for like $28 or something rediculous. Then they have refurb torpedo regs for about $20, or PE regs for $15ish I think. You really don't need a reg on that setup if its just a starter pump.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:27 PM

Agreed, no reg is necessary. You also don't need multiple fronts. A single 12" front is perfect, IMO. Or, get a .685 CP one piece, which will work with most paint you can find.

If you get a regulator, you'll need an HP output Palmer's Male Stabilizer, set to 800psi. Co2 is better than HPA for this gun. A delrin bolt might be a worthy investment, though, 2k length.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#6 User is offline   Swamphawk7 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Swamphawk7

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:35 PM

All I know is you're a good friend .... super cool thing to do .

#7 User is offline   THE GIVEN DEATH 

• BYAH!!!
  • PipPip

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

Hey, thank you for all the responses fellas, I'm going with the PMP kit and a set of Redz pepper stikz for him, I'll leave the regualtor up to him. I appreciate all the advice, It's tough to keep it top secret because he knows I'm up to something. This is actually his birthday present, hence why I'm building it. Is there anything complicated I should worry about when taking the three-way and whatnot off? I don't want to destroy the marker before I can even get it to him.
"So apparently, my entire team felt that it was totally necessary to storm up the left side and get wiped out, leaving me with two pods, half a hopper, and thirteen trigger happy psychos bearing down on the last player left alive thirty seconds into the match. Thank you, guys." -Me at my last game.

My Feedback

#8 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:21 PM

now don't forget to post pics of the s6 :laugh:

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#9 User is offline   THE GIVEN DEATH 

• BYAH!!!
  • PipPip

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

Haha trust me, I will as soon as it gets here, along with her blue Karnivor sister which will also be arriving this week. The shop I bought the S6 from is out in Cali and I'm in NJ, and they are being exceptionally slow with getting it to me. I actually bought the Karni after the S6 and It'll be here before it, go figure. Hey, anybody know, out of curiosity, if the CCM 86* frame will fit on the Karni without any issues? I plan on that being the first thing I do for that, if anyone has any other suggestions for it, let me know. I'll try to get some pictures of everything when it's all said and done.

EDIT: Just got a suprise in from UPS today, hehehehe......

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by THE GIVEN DEATH: 25 June 2009 - 02:50 PM

My Feedback

#10 User is offline   Jobless Elite 

• is made of Win
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:56 AM

Man, is she sexy.. and oh yea, that gun is nice too, I guess :P

Pump Discussion Thread
Looking for a jungle sunset micromag

#11 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:16 PM

I think it should fit, I don't see why not. Just be aware that you won't be able to make it a mech semi, as CCM's have no timing rod slot. Also, why would you get rid of those grips? :P
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#12 User is offline   THE GIVEN DEATH 

• BYAH!!!
  • PipPip

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:56 AM

Hahahaha I decided it would be better to keep those grips after all. I got my S6 saturday and played my first pump game yesterday and have now decided there is no reason for me to EVER go back to anything that uses batteries ever again. I finally finished the trilogy pump for my buddy too, so he'll be getting that today. Much to my surprise, the Karnivor was actually shooting slightly better than the S6 all day. Both were using a 14" freak with an all american tip and a .687 bore, and for some reason the Karni just beat it every shot. Not by much, but i think it was shooting a lot more consistent. The S6 pump is in it's own class though, it's unbelievably smooth and the autotrigger kicks some tail. If I can figure out how to get that autotrigger setup on the Karni....

Edit: Picture pump-i-ness....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And last but not least the completed trilogy pumper
Posted Image

This post has been edited by THE GIVEN DEATH: 29 June 2009 - 02:20 PM

My Feedback

#13 User is offline   Spud01 

• Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:56 PM

A start to a beautiful collection maybe;)

#14 User is offline   Swamphawk7 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Swamphawk7

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:30 AM

niiiice !

good thing ya liked playing pump ,,,ya got the right tools ~ bad for us. we can't get 'em off ya cheap :dodgy:

again, beautiful makers ~ that trilogy is sweet ,it deserves a reg ...
...your friend is lucky ! but please shoot him in the face . he should pay somehow :D

the Karnivor was actually shooting slightly better than the S6 all day. Both were using a 14" freak with an all american tip and a .687 bore, and for some reason the Karni just beat it every shot. Not by much, but i think it was shooting a lot more consistent

* try a quick test reg swap between Karni/s6 * see if that's it .

continued good luck !

#15 User is offline   THE GIVEN DEATH 

• BYAH!!!
  • PipPip

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:10 AM

Speaking of the trilogy, it was a big success and we will be having a pump only 1vs1 this sunday. And also speaking of getting them cheap.......I MAY or MAY NOT consider dropping the S6 for the oh-so-beautiful T2, after I get the autotrigger spring and bearing from CCM. I only found out about it a few days after ordering the S6, and immediately tried to kick myself in the head. I know I've only had it for about a week, but I definitely wish I waited, because the T2 is virtually everything I wanted in a pump aside from the Karnivor. I'm on the fence though, I might just buy the T2 anyway if I can snag one. It took me less than a month to become totally addicted to open class pumpers. My Threshy, once my pride and joy, is now almost completely useless :dodgy: along with waaaaay too much money in speedball gear. The only thing it really has on me now is pretty value hehehe....

Within the next month I'll be deciding what to do in the S6/T2 argument, but everything I've seen so far says the T2 takes the cake........*sigh*........I'm slowly becoming a gunwhore...

My Feedback

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users