• You cannot reply to this topic

Can anybody identify this? Splash Kit? Who made it? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:48 AM

I bought this "Splash" kit off of Ebay and (with a bunch of spare parts) put together my third 68 Classic Automag. I call it my "FlashMag"... No one I have talked to can identify the manufacturer of this "Splash" kit. Does anyone on here know? It has the wierdest expansion chamber I have ever seen...

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Shadowjackal: 08 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

#2 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

I'm guessing it's just a custom work, nothing manufactured (SP, Eclipse). I'm assuming you've put this pic up on mcb by now - if not do it, the collective minds there will get you an much more solid answer, faster than what you'd likely find here.

That is a seriously crazy looking expansion chamber, first I've ever seen of its kind that I can remember.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#3 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:24 AM

I agree with Ger about the anno. The expansion chamber is similar to some that CMI produce. It may be a discontinued model of theirs.

#4 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:49 AM

Thanks! GER I will have this marker at Three Rivers Paintball for Black Hawk Down: will you be there? Look for my team - The Urban Guard. It would be great to meet you.
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

#5 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

wicked!

This post has been edited by dextonik: 08 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#6 User is offline   Pyrate Jim 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:29 PM

That's an EPS splash kit and X chamber.
I still have one of those chambers in black.

But EPS was European Paintball Supply based in London, England and they carried a wide range of automag splash kits and aftermarket bodies/bolts. They used to advertise in APG until the late 90's.
Their biggest innovation was the "Headhunter" line including an automag bolt with three different interchangable faces (concave, convex, and a halfway-between).

You don't see too many of those this side of the Atlantic.
CT co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6

#7 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

Thank you!!! I was very curious to know what this was after a fellow who has been in the paintball business for years could not identify it. I appreciate the info!

#8 User is offline   Pyrate Jim 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

Aand now I'm going nuts.
Was it APG? I recently dug into the archives and I know I looked at the advertisement less than a month ago.
Which is why it came to mind so readily. Not just the X-chamber, but that reversed shark gill sight rail is pretty distinctive.

I'm looking again and can't find it. I wanted to take a pic and post it but now I'm thinking it was a different magazine. Lord help me, there's a quarter ton of literature but I know it was over ten years ago so that eliminates a lot of the pile.
If I find it again, I'll put it up.
CT co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6

#9 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:23 PM

yup the body and barrel are one piece,
unique expansion chamber
reversed rail.

You have yourself one bad ass marker.

Also is that a tournament lock on the back?

#10 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:18 AM

Leave it to the far wiser Pirate of the forums to know what that is haha.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#11 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:36 AM

Yes, It has a tournament lock on the back. I did no think I would like that feature, but it was on the valve when i bought the valve. I really like it; makes the time at the chrono faster. I also purchased a ShockTech aluminum Charger? to replace the stainless steel one. Purchased black air elbows and tried to find black braided lines. I did not find those so I went with what you see there. Thanks, everyone!

#12 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:55 AM

View PostShadowjackal, on 09 June 2011 - 05:36 AM, said:

Purchased black air elbows and tried to find black braided lines. I did not find those so I went with what you see there.

go to a hardware store and look for a thing called "Shrink wrap" it should look like a black rubber tube (really thin also) You put that around the hose and use a source of heat (hair dryer) over the wrap and it will shrink and "melt" itself onto the hose, you then have a black air fitting.

Also Its like.... 4$ for a foot or something I think.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 09 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

#13 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:07 AM

View PostEskimo, on 09 June 2011 - 09:55 AM, said:

View PostShadowjackal, on 09 June 2011 - 05:36 AM, said:

Purchased black air elbows and tried to find black braided lines. I did not find those so I went with what you see there.

go to a hardware store and look for a thing called "Shrink wrap" it should look like a black rubber tube (really thin also) You put that around the hose and use a source of heat (hair dryer) over the wrap and it will shrink and "melt" itself onto the hose, you then have a black air fitting.

Also Its like.... 4$ for a foot or something I think.

Shrink wrap is found in the electronics aisle as that is what it is used for, insulating connectors. It is far cheaper then $4 a foot. I used to get like 10 ft at a time for dirt cheap, granted that was through work. But still.

Just buy a size slightly larger then the OD of the hose and slide it on then use a hair dryer to seal it up. You will want to do this with the hose off the marker, as the heat would likely melt any loctite on the fitting ends. Don't get too big of a tube either (Inside diameter) becuase heat shrink can only shrink so much

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users