#16 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:28 PM

"It only takes one." - (Master Gunnery Sergeant Thomas Beckett) movie: Sniper

:dodgy:

Also I must add a person can do what they did in Nam and attach one with the small chain to a boot lace and stuff it under the rest of the laces.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#17 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:10 PM

IF someone has an allergy or medical condition, they really should have medical alert tags. They are not likely to look at a set of dog togs if someone is playing paintball.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#18 User is offline   Pauvis 

• Kodiak
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:28 PM

View PostMarine Scout Sniper, on Feb 26 2008, 07:28 PM, said:

Yes I got mine at an army surplus store. He knew somebody. On a side note he's really cool. A Vietnam Marine Vet, he has a working M40A1 on the wall behind the counter and yes he takes it out and fires it sometimes too :P

I do realize this part is off topic, but PLEASE PLEASE tell him thank you for me, my father, old scoutmaster, and many family friends are Vietnam Vets, and in my eyes, all vets are revered.

Note about the red tags, if a Dr sees a red tag, weither it be a dog tag, med alert bracelt, ect, They are REQUIRED BY LAW to look at it. For Paintball purposes, I would suggest a red anodized tag and a standard tag as follows:

Red Tag:
Name
Blood Type RH (they cant type you in an ambulance or lifeflight)
Allergies
Meds currently on (ie athsma meds, heart meds, BP meds ect)

Standard tag:
Last Name , suffix
Frist name, Middle Inital
Next of Kin (perent, sibling, spouse, ect)
Phone number of previous
Religion

These will help medics get everything situated BEFORE you get to the hospital, something that helps tremendously. This way they can already have notified your next of kin, have blood on standby (if necesary), know what meds that can and cant use, and (if it like the hospital in my hometown) have a chaplin on standby.

Just my 2 cents.

Assasin #3
Official Sniper#28

#19 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:20 AM

i'll take a look around, we have a few place's round here that i suspect could stamp some tags...
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#20 User is offline   piccardalpha3 

• dragonzord pwns
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:piccardalpha3

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:36 AM

i use a plastic luggage tag on a necklace when palying it has my name, adress and phone number and the fact that i have diabetes if i have aq problem

#21 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:36 PM

View PostPauvis, on Feb 28 2008, 08:28 PM, said:

View PostMarine Scout Sniper, on Feb 26 2008, 07:28 PM, said:

Yes I got mine at an army surplus store. He knew somebody. On a side note he's really cool. A Vietnam Marine Vet, he has a working M40A1 on the wall behind the counter and yes he takes it out and fires it sometimes too :P

I do realize this part is off topic, but PLEASE PLEASE tell him thank you for me, my father, old scoutmaster, and many family friends are Vietnam Vets, and in my eyes, all vets are revered.

Note about the red tags, if a Dr sees a red tag, weither it be a dog tag, med alert bracelt, ect, They are REQUIRED BY LAW to look at it. For Paintball purposes, I would suggest a red anodized tag and a standard tag as follows:

Red Tag:
Name
Blood Type RH (they cant type you in an ambulance or lifeflight)
Allergies
Meds currently on (ie athsma meds, heart meds, BP meds ect)

Standard tag:
Last Name , suffix
Frist name, Middle Inital
Next of Kin (perent, sibling, spouse, ect)
Phone number of previous
Religion

These will help medics get everything situated BEFORE you get to the hospital, something that helps tremendously. This way they can already have notified your next of kin, have blood on standby (if necesary), know what meds that can and cant use, and (if it like the hospital in my hometown) have a chaplin on standby.

Just my 2 cents.

I'll tell him the next time I see him. I'm a shop regular visitor. It's my "no-no store" (place where I spend too much money. :)

(back on topic)

This is why I pushed for people to get their allergies and very important info (such as being diabetic) on the red tag.

In fact in the 80s the Navy did something similar for sailors that did not no how to swim upon entering the Navy. Odd but true, I talked to a veteran sailor about it. My flight jacket get's all kinds of responses :)

Get the red tag for stuff like that, you won't regret it. It will very likely save your life if you have medical problems worthy of a red tag.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users