• You cannot reply to this topic

UPS Rant never been so tempted to blow something up Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Post icon  Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:03 AM

Im gonna kill something... UPS lost all of my paintball gear...

I shipped my stuff to MI for the monster game, and Deschaine shipped it back, a week ago. It still hasnt arrived, so he gave me the tracking number. Well, the package apparently doesn't exist, or so it says online. I even tried the 'search by name' thing, with no luck.

Time to call UPS. Oh wait, the phone number is fully automized with NO option to 'talk to a nonbot'. I finally had to make it keep misunderstanding me before it reffered me to a person, a full 12 minutes later.

YES! ITS A PERSON! Or so I thought. Obviously, not capable of intelligent thought. She refused to talk to me, because my tracking number didn't work, WHICH IS WHY I WAS CALLING HER! I offered my credit card and name instead, which is how it was paid for, but she insisted she needed the tracking number.

So now, my package doesn't exist, and UPS won't talk to me, because my tracking number doesn't work, because my package doesn't exist.

OH! And the 1500 dollars worth of insurance, which in no way came close to covering the stuff in that box, but I didn't feel like spending another 50 dollars for any more insurance? I won't get, because I can't prove the box was ever shipped, because the tracking number doesn't work!!!!!!

BOINKing wonderful. Goodbye paintball until I'm out of college and can afford all new gear.

#2 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:07 AM

Ok, first step is to calm down. Second step, make sure you read the tracking number correctly and didn't accidentally misplace a 0 with an O or something of the like.

Try emailing UPS, get Deschaine to go down to the UPS store and perhaps it was an error on their end. If he has the receipt for the postage, they may be able to help.

#3 User is offline   Epic_Fail 

• The Mad King
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*hug*

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:09 AM

Blowing stuff up is fun. Bonus points for leveling a 1+ story building.
How'd you do that, sexy? - Becc asking me a question.

Aaron: Alcohol sucks balls. / Fen: No, that's what I do. / Me - Fen sucks balls! / Fen - Only yours Epic.

#4 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:10 AM

I reread and reread it, entered it a milllion times, and like i said even tried the name option several times.

I tried email once, they took a month to reply...

As much as I or deschaine would like to go down to UPS, we both live an hour away from the closest store. He's been working from early in the morning to 11pm lately, i was lucky to even get the tracking number out of him. My dad owns a business and cant take 3 hours out of his day to run down to ups, as much as he'd like to.

After all, thats what phones were invented for!

#5 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

deschaine might be the key, if he has the postage recite then you can prove it has been shipped, Also if you feel like blowing something up, please detonate my parlament building in Ottawa, I hate those people.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 06 August 2009 - 09:15 AM

#6 User is offline   Epic_Fail 

• The Mad King
  • PipPip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:16 AM

Well, everyone knows what I would suggest.

Aaron: Alcohol sucks balls. / Fen: No, that's what I do. / Me - Fen sucks balls! / Fen - Only yours Epic.

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:19 AM

Doesn't Deschie have a hard copy of a reciept?

#8 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:19 AM

make sure you hound them, seriously companies want your money regardless of what happens to you.

Microsoft Xbox technical support has 12 recorded calls from me becuase they said my Xbox has been tampered with. They said the side had been opened, Thats becuase 6 months ago they repaired it, OF COURSE they opened it!

One guy asked me to stop calling them so much,
"sir, can I ask you to be pateient?"

"PSH NO! I want you to fix my ExBox!"

#9 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:29 AM

try calling them up again and when you get to talk to a person, ask to speak with their manager, explain the situation to them....if they dont want to cooperate, threaten to report them to the Better Business Bureau......

#10 User is offline   Droop 

• Professional Noobsmith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Droopy Squirrel

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:47 AM

hard reciept. then have deschaine take a pictar of the tracking numeral. and when you call them press zero, like EVERY automated phone system, it will direct you to a person. just find a way to speak to the local person, the call center people are dysfunctional at best.
Droop

My Feedback Member of Garage Inc. Official Pump User #100 Automaggot #91
My Trigger SC Feed comma club member #6

So because I play scenarios, I won't buy a high-end unless it has rails at useless angles, and has a machine-gun shroud bolted on it?-Maduce

#11 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:03 AM

The FBI is behind it, probably thought you were a terrorist and intercepted the package. :P, very sorry for your loss.
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#12 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:27 AM

View PostDroop, on Aug 6 2009, 12:47 PM, said:

hard reciept. then have deschaine take a pictar of the tracking numeral. and when you call them press zero, like EVERY automated phone system, it will direct you to a person. just find a way to speak to the local person, the call center people are dysfunctional at best.
Droop

thats what i did, it said please be patient, do all these things, then you may talk to a person, maybe...

i got ahold of deschaine and we figured things out, he made a stink, etc... its been stuck in new jersey for a week, lord knows why.

BUT! OF COURSE!
I've needed a new laptop for a few months. Old one has just been beat to death, data wise. Its bios was FUBAR from the day i got it, and its even worse now. *sigh*

well, i go to boot it up, and a chunk of the fan protector up and randomly breaks off, gets sucked in by the fan, clinks for a while... and then all of a sudden, my computer starts with the random lines and fuzziness, then crash, nothing. Joy, my laptop, complete with harddrive, is completely dead. All of my pictures and design work are gone. Good luck getting a graphic design job now. AND my dad just wiped my old hard drive to give to my mom, so i dont even have the pics from my italy trip or anything, nevermind recent ones. Only things I have left are the paintball pics I posted online. funny enough, i just cleaned out my picasa album, so all of my personal pics are gone too.

Well, I WAS going to buy a new computer before i started college anyway with my student loan. Turns out, you have to attend school for 30 days before they give it out, and then then only give it in monthly incriments of 200 dollars...
This means i have to take my entire fall semester with no laptop (IM IN A FREAKING MECHANICAL DESIGN PROGRAM!), and with the only computer available to me at home being a windows 2000 desktop, which is completely obsolete and wont even play flash right. Im supposed to put complex cad software on that?!?!

Oh, did i mention, my parents are buying my bro a 1200 dollar computer next week, because he has 400 dollars and wants to help them buy it... and he only wants that computer because its got cool lights on the back... hes 12! All hes gonna use it for is email and the occasional internet experience. Even I dont need a computer like that, and i run photoshop, illustrator, internet, rhapsody, and 4 different IM softwares simutaneously.

So, I'm poo out of luck, my brother gets a new laptop, and im sure my grades will suffer for it. I now only have computer access when my mom doesn't want it, and she needs her computer just as much as me.

and I cant paintball to take out my agressions, because my poo is stuck in new jersey, and the paintball game this weekend was cancelled.

i was gonna get to see a really good friend tomorrow, but she wouldnt even put the effort in to see me for god knows what reason (she says she has a good freind she hasnt seen since school got out that she wants to hang out with... i havent seen her since january, and i live 2 hours away her friend lives down the street).

Oh, and i have a guy threatening to kill me, so i get to spend my days filling out paperwork with the police

I havent gotten more than 5 hours of sleep in a night all week because ive been running so many bullcrap errands.

My mom cancelled a bunch of doctors and dentist appointments I BADLY needed withuot even asking me, cause she assumed I didnt want them anymore.

AND I have drivers ed with Stanley Stiles today, who freaks out at me a lot, and i actually get worse the longer I drive with him...

Its so been one of those days. I wouldnt be suprised if my whole post got dumped when i went to post.

#13 User is offline   Epic_Fail 

• The Mad King
  • PipPip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

Your the older sister, tell him it's cursed and that the only way he'll ever [insert fantasy here] is to give it to you.

Oh, and believe me, I sympathize on the drivers ed. I really do. It's a miracle(?) I didn't suicide during my three weeks of it.

#14 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:46 AM

three weeks? lucky BOINK. we have 2.5 hours of class twice a week for two months, and 16 hours of driving time.

also, hes too old to fall for that. although i did throw a butter knife at him a few seconds ago for making fun of me about the friend thing and insisting that my mother is lying to me about not allowing him to bring a friend to bother me with. he ran away :P

#15 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:47 AM

File a lost claim.

I just got my package worth well over a grand from UPS, to find out that they damaged the most expensive piece in it. I just filed a claim, since the package was insured. They'll more than likely try to weasel out of paying up for it.
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users