• You cannot reply to this topic

Inline Volumizer.... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Stomis 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Stomis

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:46 PM

Does anyone know of an inline volumizer thats made? I'm looking for something about 1-1/2 to 2in long that has npt fittings on either end and acts as a volumizer inline between a tippmann power tube and the tank hookup.

Trying to adapt LPA kit for a Salvo if your wondering.

#2 User is offline   Viherkogen 

• God's In His Heaven. All's Right With The World.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Viherkogen

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

If you already have the Low Pressure kit for the Tippy, just use a brass tee on the volumizer. Buy a brass tee and a short brass nipple(enough to extend below the shells). That will add a port in between your power tube and volumizer to hook up the feed for your launcher.

Now, are you sure that the launcher can use low pressure air? If not, you'll have to add the tee before the air passes through your regulator. That is, unless I understood your question wrong. If you just have an expansion chamber, just add the tee anywhere you have an NPT connection and you'll be fine.
|| My Feedback || 187 BP ||
|| Reasons one and two why my avatar is a cactus. ||
|| The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. ||
|| If actions are stronger than words, why is the pen mightier than the sword? ||
You just lost The Game.

#3 User is offline   Stomis 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Stomis

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:32 AM

View PostViherkogen, on Aug 12 2009, 10:39 PM, said:

If you already have the Low Pressure kit for the Tippy, just use a brass tee on the volumizer. Buy a brass tee and a short brass nipple(enough to extend below the shells). That will add a port in between your power tube and volumizer to hook up the feed for your launcher.

Now, are you sure that the launcher can use low pressure air? If not, you'll have to add the tee before the air passes through your regulator. That is, unless I understood your question wrong. If you just have an expansion chamber, just add the tee anywhere you have an NPT connection and you'll be fine.

Who said anything about a launcher?

I'm trying to fit a LPK into a salvo body with no external modifications. It can be done but its a matter of sourcing a volumizer with the proper dimensions and setup.

#4 User is offline   Pyrate Jim 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:14 PM

So you need to increase the volume because you want to lower the pressure consistant with Boyles' Law?
That volume is then merely an extension of the valve chamber itself?

Bear with me, I'm trying to understand.
The size you specify is about the size of a 12g, but trying to hide that in the body without external mods would be custom work. I doubt you would find anything off the shelf.
A dummy 12g in a backbottle changer from a bottomline would do it. But it's about the same as using an expansion chamber.
Just how ghetto are you willing to go?
CT co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6

#5 User is offline   sartek 

• Trained Shop Monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SARTEK

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:45 AM

what he's after is essentially an expansion chamber without the internal baffles. I did something similar to my old 98 to get it running in the <300psi range. take any inline expansion chamber (lapco's work well) and remove the internal baffles. Some have a stem that connects one end to the other internally, and that has to stay there to maintain integrity.

This post has been edited by sartek: 23 August 2009 - 01:45 AM

"I tinker, therefore I am" - Doc Nickel
DOT HazMat Geek, Airsmith, Tinkerer

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users