Special Ops Paintball: New Propper MARPAT ACU cut review.. pics - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Propper MARPAT ACU cut review.. pics

#46 User is offline   devildog189 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:devildog189

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:28 PM

View Postring, on Jul 17 2008, 10:21 PM, said:

View Postdevildog189, on Jul 17 2008, 07:18 PM, said:

yo even real marines are not allowed to wear their cammies off base unless with certain permission from their co, that is why you will see them in their service "C" uniform(non-formal), or dress blues(formal and semi-formal) when off base for any reason

that is a marine rule for marines... dose not apply to anyone else..

true, but it is still disrespectful in the way that you can get the same exact pattern but without the ega in the pattern from the same manufacterer or from another manufacterer of the same quality like tru-spec
HONOR, COURAGE, COMMITMENT

semper fi!!

#47 User is offline   ring 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ring

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

do you think its disrespectful to ware ACU's?

or have a EGA bubersticker on your car?

or t shirt?

its not like your wareing the uniform to go take a dump on a flag on the front lawn of the whitehouse..

why do you find it disrespectful to ware a EGA?
Ohio paintball members map, add your self and a pic! http://www.frappr.com/clevelandpaintball
Cleveland Akron players find local games here www.clevelandpaintball.com

IPB Image

#48 User is offline   devildog189 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:devildog189

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:04 PM

View Postring, on Jul 17 2008, 10:34 PM, said:

do you think its disrespectful to ware ACU's?

or have a EGA bubersticker on your car?

or t shirt?

its not like your wareing the uniform to go take a dump on a flag on the front lawn of the whitehouse..

why do you find it disrespectful to ware a EGA?

because unlike the army or any other service, you earn EVERYTHING in the Marine Corps. even the right to display the eagle, globe, and anhcor, not deamaning the other sevices, but there is that belief in that someone who wears USMC issue gear has EARNED that right to wear it, putting stickers with the ega on your car or wearing t-shirts are a different, they are soley for support, and with ACU's even though there is a certain uniform worn by the U.S. ARMY, the pattern remains the same for the civilian version, and there is no distinguishable difference like between civlian availably marpat and USMC marpat. How would you feel if for example you were a marine and saw a person who was not a marine wear the USMC issue pattern cammies they bought from ebay for say $80, and you had to go through 13 weeks of hell in parris island or san diego just to wear those same cammies?, would you not say the same thing i am, even though i am not a marine, yet, i am joining with in the next 4 years or so and i had family in the corps.
HONOR, COURAGE, COMMITMENT

semper fi!!

#49 User is offline   ring 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ring

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

i would think a real Marine would be flattered that someone would like the MCU enough to buy it, after all, it was my tax dollars that paid for it.

like i said, not the 1st Marine uniform to have the EGA, yet some how we suddenly have bunch of touchy feely people that suddenly have a complex over what others ware...

you have your opinion, i have mine.... whos is right?.... who cares?.. simple fact that i started out with is there is nothing "wrong" in wearing it or any other "earned" uniform... the only problem is if you try to "pass your self" off as the "real deal". when your not...
Ohio paintball members map, add your self and a pic! http://www.frappr.com/clevelandpaintball
Cleveland Akron players find local games here www.clevelandpaintball.com

IPB Image

#50 User is offline   snipin'since88 

• TEUFELHUNDEN
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipinsince88

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:50 AM

View Postring, on Jul 17 2008, 08:32 PM, said:

i would think a real Marine would be flattered that someone would like the MCU enough to buy it, after all, it was my tax dollars that paid for it.

like i said, not the 1st Marine uniform to have the EGA, yet some how we suddenly have bunch of touchy feely people that suddenly have a complex over what others ware...

you have your opinion, i have mine.... whos is right?.... who cares?.. simple fact that i started out with is there is nothing "wrong" in wearing it or any other "earned" uniform... the only problem is if you try to "pass your self" off as the "real deal". when your not...

ok, ok, stop argueing. ill start off by saying this. your tax dollars dont buy anything for marines. we pay for our own uniforms, even in boot camp. and yes marines, past and present, tend to get PERTURBED when someone wears the uniform because, like what was said earlir, they havent earned it. but nobody really says anything. after all its not illegal to own them. on a further note, the ega appears every 18 inches in the pattern, and the logo is embroidered on the left blouse pocket. also, the only time you can wear camies out in town is for gas or getting diapers, for emergencys, or for official business only. blues are for special occasions, c,d,b,a can be worn out in town but marines dont like to wear them out , civilian clothes are so much more comfortable. becides wearing any uniform make military a target for terrorist attacks. counter terrorism 101 says to blend in to your surroundings.

This post has been edited by snipin'since88: 18 July 2008 - 07:51 AM

#51 User is offline   Barricade 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Sectorfive

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

A note on the testing of MARPAT...

I worked at the School of Infantry when I was on active duty in the corps 99-04 when the tested the new pattern. They tested the MARPAT pattern, among other patterns at the Sniper School. During testing they used quite a lot of odd looking patterns and it came down to MARPAT and a tiger stripe pattern. They chose MARPAT in the end for different reasons. The point to take away from this is that is was tested and approved by the USMC Snipers. I can't say anything about the ACU pattern, but I know MARPAT has had thorough testing. (My understanding is that ACU has had a troubled history, but thats just rumor to me)

This is a link to TECOM on the MARPAT: http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/mcub/utility/bac...ammieConsid.htm

As for wearing in public, snipin'since88 is correct on the rules for Marines, but whether or not it is offensive to other Marines if people wear cammies with an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor without earning them... well, everyone has their opinion. I would think most Marines playing a round of paintball with some friends really could care less if their buddy wanted to borrow a pair of their cammies to play that day. To me, it isn't really a big deal. If it was dress blues and the guy was trying to pass himself off as a Marine, well, yeah, thats a different story. But playing paintball with some friends... I don't really think thats worth getting fussy about.... but like I said, each Marine probably has a different opinion on it.

This post has been edited by Barricade: 01 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users