• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Video/Film Making

#1 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

Just checking if there's any other aspiring film makers, hobbyists, or anyone else on this forum that enjoys making videos.

This can be a place for people to show off their videos that don't have to be paintball related, and we can also discuss video stuff. Feel free to ask for tips, get constructive criticism, show off your videos/reels, or your setup(camera/s, programs, etc)

I'm currently using a Panasonic HXV200, and running Adobe Premiere and After Effects 6.0/CS4/CS5 depending on where I'm editing.

#2 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

I love making short films. That is, I would love to make short films.

I'm getting into film developing as well as photography. Would like to get into film next.

#3 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:00 AM

i tend to tool around and make random videos..

mostly just helmet camera stuff and some airsoft game video coverage from some games in the area..
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#4 User is offline   JaguarShark 

• TOTSUGEKI!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kiriyama9000

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:14 AM

I work at a post-production house and have been involved in production since high school. I love the work and am aiming to become and editor in the not so distant future.

I've been fortunate enough to have had the chance to work on a couple feature films and I've done quite a bit for the company I work with now. The films were "Rocket Science" and "Live Free or Die Hard". I was a production intern on the first and a Locations Assistant on Die Hard.

My favorite thing to work on is editing though. Here's a trailer that I made last year for a contest. The goal was to mash two films together to make a trailer for a third. I chose Blacula and The Net and mashed them to make a horror film.

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   The Bear 

• The Bear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Bear

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:02 AM

I'm into film making as a hobby as well. Mostly it's just fun shorts made with friends and family for our own enjoyment, though we have done a couple jobs for others including a local chapter of Angel Food Ministries. I find my interests focus on post-production, editing, compositing and effects. I'm running Adobe CS3 (full collection) but dont have my own camera. We use whatever is available from friends/family involved in any given project. We've currently got two projects in the works, hoping to have one complete in the next month or two and the other finished towards the end of the year. Am in the market for an affordable camera but funds are short. :( If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. If it's better than a Canon ZR500 then it'll be worth looking into. :P

Cool idea for a thread, I hope it works out. I'd love to see some other peoples work and would love to show off my own when we get something completed.

Bear
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

That's awesome JaguarShark. I did an internship with a production company a couple months ago, and right now I'm doing video work for my school district, which involves pre-production, production, and post. Which is nice because I really love doing all of it.

How much money are you looking to spend Bear? DSLRs like the Canon t2i aren't too expensive and shoot really great pictures. My buddy and I have also used his t1i for video and its not bad either.

#7 User is offline   JaguarShark 

• TOTSUGEKI!!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:45 AM

View PostMitch Force, on 14 February 2011 - 07:22 PM, said:

That's awesome JaguarShark. I did an internship with a production company a couple months ago, and right now I'm doing video work for my school district, which involves pre-production, production, and post. Which is nice because I really love doing all of it.

Be a sponge and soak it all in. You'd be amazed at how knowledge gained in one job or asset helps you on another.
:tup:
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   The Bear 

• The Bear
  • PipPip

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

View PostMitch Force, on 14 February 2011 - 07:22 PM, said:

How much money are you looking to spend Bear? DSLRs like the Canon t2i aren't too expensive and shoot really great pictures. My buddy and I have also used his t1i for video and its not bad either.

Right now I can't spend anything. :( We're working with a friends Canon ZR500. It's consumer quality and standard definition, but with quality MiniDV tapes and doing the lighting right, we're not getting horrible results. We're currently working on a shoot schedule for a short acoustic guitar music video for a friend of a friend, and once that's shot I can put together some shorts and post for you all to see. I never though about using a DSLR for shooting, but it makes a lot of sense. I have a Canon xTi but it doesn't have video. It's be great to use the DSLR because it's the cheapest option I've found for being able to use different lenses and have the manual control over focus, exposure, etc. Only issue is audio but most of our shoots don't use the live audio anyway. Thanks for the idea!

Bear
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Pale Rider 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

I just run with the Contour HD 1080p Helmet cam @60fps. Great quality vids. Now I just need a better computer to be able to handle HD editing. My teammate runs with a goggle cam as well as a gun cam pointed at him. Now that is a wicked cool angle. Its not HD but it looks really nice with the fish-eye lens. I'm looking to get another non-player to get the 3rd person shot as well as being able to zoom in. I have some good vids but you can't really see who I'm shooting at, for all anyone knows I'm shooting at trees :)(well i am doing that too). It would be nice to get woodsball tourn. to be televised.
HEAD SHOT!!

#10 User is offline   D Monster 

• Solider of Misfortune
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:D Monster

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

For what it is worth...
Some friends and I are starting a small TV/film studio in Chicagoland.
We are into post production on our first TV series pilot...it is 'Hard Science Fiction.'
I have been doing the production design as well as acting.
I got to build 2 spacesuits....

Here is our teaser trailer.
And a production diary on the spacesuits here...
Guess which one I am....

"If ya gonna be dumb, ya better be tough." My Da

I am a Disposable Hero...I get handed a job, I do the job. Shiny?
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   JaguarShark 

• TOTSUGEKI!!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:35 AM

Awesome work!!!!

I really enjoyed the color correction in the trailer. It had that hyper-real saturated look without everyone being orange.
Cool stuff!!!
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   The Bear 

• The Bear
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

Well I can't really compete with the more "pro" guys here, but I don't mind sharing some of my own stuff. The only thing I have uploaded at the moment is a production logo I did using a videocopilot.net tutorial. Red Dot Productions is a name I use with my for-fun videos, it started in college when my first real animation project was to simply make a red dot on the screen animate around and bounce off walls. Ever since then "Red Dot Productions" has been my "pen name."
Anyway, it's not much and it'd be more impressive if I hadn't been following a tutorial step by step, but here it is.

Hopefully I will get some more stuff ready for upload soon.

Bear
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:09 AM

Hey D Monster, could you give more info on your show? I'm a huge scifi guy. I like the science behind the stuff.

From the looks of it, you do dang good work. Plus your technology side looks pretty convincing too.

One thing I would suggest is, KEEP IT REAL. I hate it when a show starts off good, but looses its realism in science to acting and drama. It looks great so far, and I like the theme. Would love to see more.

#14 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:51 AM

I'm going to start doing a segment for PBLive. It's gonna be a cooking/nutrition segment, mostly focusing on cooking while camping at scenario games. But it'll be the first real video making I've done (aside from little quick webcam comments and stuff).
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#15 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:59 PM

Me and my brothers like to make cheesy Military movies in our back yard...nothing fancy, just fun

we made this one in like 25 minutes, with ten minutes of editing.

Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users