Special Ops Paintball: Looking at a fusion - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking at a fusion Anything i should know?

#31 User is offline   Tots 

  • Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 782
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Crappachuessetts!
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:11 PM

View PostPhish, on Sep 25 2007, 09:43 AM, said:

Buy a fusion minis are not as good


Any way you can back that up. Do you even own either, have you shot either? Come back and tell me, I'll be looking forward to the answer.


View PostChaos, on Oct 4 2007, 09:55 AM, said:

So your telling me, that EVERY SINGLE PART in the Mini is held togeather by one screw?


2 screws, then you can break down everything (minus the 2 grip screws that hold the grips).
0

#32 User is offline   Chaos 

  • RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,012
  • Joined: 17-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:33 PM

View PostTots, on Oct 4 2007, 12:11 PM, said:

View PostChaos, on Oct 4 2007, 09:55 AM, said:

So your telling me, that EVERY SINGLE PART in the Mini is held togeather by one screw?


2 screws, then you can break down everything (minus the 2 grip screws that hold the grips).


So the noid is held on by the same two screws? and what about the regulator? That is held on the the same two screws? And they eyes and eye covers? Same screws again? I believe you are thinking about field strippig the marker. I am talking about a 100% break down of each marker. board out, grips off, eyes out, reg appart. The fusion I believe has a slight edge there, but not big enough to be worth mention.

Both markers have their merrit, and it really comes down to personal preferance. I really do not think one is better than the other, however I believe the Fusion is better for me.

Plus, look at PBReview:
Mini: 9.1/10
Fusion: 9.7/10

So, Fusion>Mini
I really would not put to much in that though, DP's Threshold has a 9.0/10 :blink:

So Mini>Threshold? :laugh:
0

#33 User is offline   Tots 

  • Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 782
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Crappachuessetts!
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:37 PM

View PostChaos, on Oct 4 2007, 02:33 PM, said:

View PostTots, on Oct 4 2007, 12:11 PM, said:

View PostChaos, on Oct 4 2007, 09:55 AM, said:

So your telling me, that EVERY SINGLE PART in the Mini is held togeather by one screw?


2 screws, then you can break down everything (minus the 2 grip screws that hold the grips).


So the noid is held on by the same two screws? and what about the regulator? That is held on the the same two screws? And they eyes and eye covers? Same screws again? I believe you are thinking about field strippig the marker. I am talking about a 100% break down of each marker. board out, grips off, eyes out, reg appart. The fusion I believe has a slight edge there, but not big enough to be worth mention.

Both markers have their merrit, and it really comes down to personal preferance. I really do not think one is better than the other, however I believe the Fusion is better for me.

Plus, look at PBReview:
Mini: 9.1/10
Fusion: 9.7/10

So, Fusion>Mini
I really would not put to much in that though, DP's Threshold has a 9.0/10 :blink:

So Mini>Threshold? :laugh:


Noid is screwed into a manifold plate, as is the regulator. The reg can be taken down with one allen key, by ways of the adjuster, turn it all the way out and everything falls out.

Ok, I'll go step by step lol. Take 2 screws out, the body is off, and the bolt/bolt guide is out, 4 screws for the grip panels, 2 to take the reg off the gun, 1 to take it (the reg) apart. Theres the Mini.

The noid screws into the manifold plate, and the gas transfer tube screws in as well.
0

#34 User is offline   Pooker 

  • Lawl @ this forum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,908
  • Joined: 24-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vicinity of Obscenity,Ontario, Canada
  • Brigade Name:Pooker

Posted 04 October 2007 - 01:17 PM

You can't break down the entire mini by taking out the two frame screws. The rear frame screw lets the bolt and bolt guide come out, the one infront of the trigger lets you take the body off the frame/foregrip.
to take the rest of the body apart, you take out the bolt and guide (dur) unscrew the noid, then you take out about 6 screws that hold the eye's board in, out. take out the board. top portion is done, now: board battery and front grip.
Back off the two set screws that hold the fore grip on. slide it off. remove the battery, remove the screw holding the board, remove the board.
Grip and reg/asa:
remove grip screws.
loosen set screws that hold the reg on. remove reg.
this takes me about 7-10 minutes.
Total cleaning takes about an hour if I'm thoro (sp) Meaning washing the body, fore grip, and grip frame with water and soap and a brush.
Digitally Dangerous
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce
0

#35 User is offline   Tots 

  • Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 782
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Crappachuessetts!
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 04 October 2007 - 01:19 PM

View PostPooker, on Oct 4 2007, 03:17 PM, said:

You can't break down the entire mini by taking out the two frame screws. The rear frame screw lets the bolt and bolt guide come out, the one infront of the trigger lets you take the body off the frame/foregrip.
to take the rest of the body apart, you take out the bolt and guide (dur) unscrew the noid, then you take out about 6 screws that hold the eye's board in, out. take out the board. top portion is done, now: board battery and front grip.
Back off the two set screws that hold the fore grip on. slide it off. remove the battery, remove the screw holding the board, remove the board.
Grip and reg/asa:
remove grip screws.
loosen set screws that hold the reg on. remove reg.
this takes me about 7-10 minutes.
Total cleaning takes about an hour if I'm thoro (sp) Meaning washing the body, fore grip, and grip frame with water and soap and a brush.


It takes you an hour? It usually takes me about 20 minutes. So lets see... There is, about 20 screws in the Mini (right?).


Edit - Forgot the Manifold screws.

This post has been edited by Tots: 04 October 2007 - 01:20 PM

0

#36 User is offline   Chaos 

  • RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,012
  • Joined: 17-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 04 October 2007 - 01:41 PM

Sounds roughly the same ammount of work for a Fusion. Only reason it took me so long to put that one togeather is because it was my first time ever with one taken down that far.

Fusion:
4 grip screws, 2? for the board, unplug two sets of wires from the board, 2 screws for the grip, HPR and LPR screw out on their own. 2 screws for ASA of course. One screw like thing to take the part with the pressure gauge off. One screw for each eye/detent cover. 2 for the noid. One set screw in the bottom of the body to take out the piece between the LPR and the ram. and a c-clip and a screw for each reg. There are 3 or 4 for the air passages too, but they are loctite'd in. Rap cap twists right off and pull a pin to take the bold and ram out. two adjustement screws for the trigger, and one that holds the trigger in place.
0

#37 User is offline   Pooker 

  • Lawl @ this forum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,908
  • Joined: 24-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vicinity of Obscenity,Ontario, Canada
  • Brigade Name:Pooker

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:35 PM

View PostTots, on Oct 4 2007, 04:19 PM, said:

View PostPooker, on Oct 4 2007, 03:17 PM, said:

You can't break down the entire mini by taking out the two frame screws. The rear frame screw lets the bolt and bolt guide come out, the one infront of the trigger lets you take the body off the frame/foregrip.
to take the rest of the body apart, you take out the bolt and guide (dur) unscrew the noid, then you take out about 6 screws that hold the eye's board in, out. take out the board. top portion is done, now: board battery and front grip.
Back off the two set screws that hold the fore grip on. slide it off. remove the battery, remove the screw holding the board, remove the board.
Grip and reg/asa:
remove grip screws.
loosen set screws that hold the reg on. remove reg.
this takes me about 7-10 minutes.
Total cleaning takes about an hour if I'm thorough Meaning washing the body, fore grip, and grip frame with water and soap and a brush.


It takes you an hour? It usually takes me about 20 minutes. So lets see... There is, about 20 screws in the Mini (right?).



Edit - Forgot the Manifold screws.

Read again.
Takes me an hour to take my time and clean it thoroughly.
Digitally Dangerous
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce
0

#38 User is offline   Tots 

  • Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 782
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Crappachuessetts!
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:44 PM

View PostPooker, on Oct 4 2007, 05:35 PM, said:

View PostTots, on Oct 4 2007, 04:19 PM, said:

View PostPooker, on Oct 4 2007, 03:17 PM, said:

You can't break down the entire mini by taking out the two frame screws. The rear frame screw lets the bolt and bolt guide come out, the one infront of the trigger lets you take the body off the frame/foregrip.
to take the rest of the body apart, you take out the bolt and guide (dur) unscrew the noid, then you take out about 6 screws that hold the eye's board in, out. take out the board. top portion is done, now: board battery and front grip.
Back off the two set screws that hold the fore grip on. slide it off. remove the battery, remove the screw holding the board, remove the board.
Grip and reg/asa:
remove grip screws.
loosen set screws that hold the reg on. remove reg.
this takes me about 7-10 minutes.
Total cleaning takes about an hour if I'm thorough Meaning washing the body, fore grip, and grip frame with water and soap and a brush.


It takes you an hour? It usually takes me about 20 minutes. So lets see... There is, about 20 screws in the Mini (right?).



Edit - Forgot the Manifold screws.

Read again.
Takes me an hour to take my time and clean it thoroughly.


Ah ok, I don't scrub it down. Theres the difference.
0

#39 User is offline   French 

  • Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,333
  • Joined: 05-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mississauga.ont CANADA
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:21 PM

it uber easy to take a fusion or mini apart i seen it in action and changing velocity is a super easy , so it up to you

oh question what lube or oil should i use on the bolt someone took my bow 33 :laugh:
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback
0

#40 User is offline   Chaos 

  • RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,012
  • Joined: 17-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:35 AM

With a Fusion, you use Dow 33, the bolt is delerin (sp?) and does not need, nor should it be lubed. Dow 55 the rest of the way around.

I do not know what the Mini's bolt is made of, so I cannot help ya on that aspect.
0

#41 User is offline   Pooker 

  • Lawl @ this forum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,908
  • Joined: 24-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vicinity of Obscenity,Ontario, Canada
  • Brigade Name:Pooker

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:24 PM

Dow 33, it's an aluminum bolt.
Digitally Dangerous
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce
0

#42 User is offline   French 

  • Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,333
  • Joined: 05-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mississauga.ont CANADA
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:11 PM

View PostChaos, on Oct 5 2007, 04:35 AM, said:

With a Fusion, you use Dow 33, the bolt is delerin (sp?) and does not need, nor should it be lubed. Dow 55 the rest of the way around.

I do not know what the Mini's bolt is made of, so I cannot help ya on that aspect.

dow 55 = sleek riht
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback
0

#43 User is offline   greezypete 

  • IBEW LU 1141 , OKC
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 361
  • Joined: 25-May 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ada , OK
  • Brigade Name:greezypete

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:46 PM

No , sleek is dow 33

dow 55 is a grease that slightly swells o-rings. IIRC
0

#44 User is offline   Phish 

  • Phish
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 99
  • Joined: 26-February 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:layton utah

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:19 AM

[quote name='Tots' date='Oct 4 2007, 01:11 PM' post='1700937']
[quote name='Phish' post='1690486' date='Sep 25 2007, 09:43 AM']Buy a fusion minis are not as good

Any way you can back that up. Do you even own either, have you shot either? Come back and tell me, I'll be looking forward to the answer. (Quote from tots)

I own a fusion and i have played with 2 different minis. One I played with for about 3 hours, the other just acouple of games. If people want to buy minis im not saying they apsolutly shouldnt im just saying i have tried out bolth and the fusion completly surpassed the mini.(in my opinion)

This post has been edited by Phish: 16 October 2007 - 06:20 AM

0

#45 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

  • Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,262
  • Joined: 01-April 07
  • Gender:Female
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:51 AM

i was thinking between the both as well, i decided that i'm gonna go with the mini =3
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-
0

Share this topic:


  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users