• You cannot reply to this topic

What Makes a Good Broadsword? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   theking06 

• It's Time to Prey
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:theking06

Post icon  Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:36 AM

I play broadsword on our field, and I have a Spyder Pilot ACS with an Apex barrel and a Halo B hopper. Is this considered good enough for broadsword? (I just ordered an electronic rocking trigger to increase my bps). I also have six 140 rnd pods. Is this considered enough paint for short half hour battles?

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by theking06: 05 April 2007 - 07:48 AM

The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image

#2 User is offline   Ravenlord 

• I am heavy weapons guy!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:RAVENLORD

Posted 05 April 2007 - 12:10 PM

well i would say yes this makes a good broadsword. there are so many varities on the possition that as long as u can lay down the paint and be considered mobile the u r a good broadsword.
Funny Signatures Involve Effort, and I am lazy.
Automaggot #74
Team Vinidication

#3 User is offline   dillz 

• Badger Brgd. Outcast #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Reaper_666

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:38 PM

I agree it's not so much the gear as the attitude lmao got to have the attitude that you are a moving wall and nothign will get by you the same color anyway lmao, but yea your set up seems good as long as you can help your guys keep moving and keep heads behind cover it's all good man.
Sic vis pacem para bellum.
If you want peace prepare for war.
When injustice becomes law rebellion becomes duty...

#4 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• Go on....make my lunch...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:haon_07

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:33 PM

View Posttheking06, on Apr 5 2007, 10:36 AM, said:

I play broadsword on our field, and I have a Spyder Pilot ACS with an Apex barrel and a Halo B hopper. Is this considered good enough for broadsword? (I just ordered an electronic rocking trigger to increase my bps). I also have six 140 rnd pods. Is this considered enough paint for short half hour battles?

dude, just read the Broadsword position page again. lol :) That lists what makes a good Broadsword, regardless of his gear. quality over quantity or whatever. :rolleyes:
My signature is......................SIGNATURE!

#5 User is offline   loyats 

• Just a Regular Joe
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Loyats

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:36 PM

Ever met a broadsword with a mechanical trigger? I have, now that's proof it's attitude and ability over gear.

#6 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 05 April 2007 - 08:56 PM

Damascus Steel...........oh, we're on paintball ........
Yes, the Pilot ACS can lay some serious paint. Actually, anyone who can move his finger 4-6 times a second can play broadsword with any marker.

#7 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:08 PM

View Postdillz, on Apr 5 2007, 02:38 PM, said:

I agree it's not so much the gear as the attitude lmao got to have the attitude that you are a moving wall and nothign will get by you the same color anyway lmao, but yea your set up seems good as long as you can help your guys keep moving and keep heads behind cover it's all good man.

I agree, broadsword is more attitude than setup. BTW, I played Broadsword style before any electro existed. I still play it with my classic 'Mag on occasion.

:usa:

This post has been edited by LoveMyMagMoreThanYou: 01 May 2007 - 04:15 PM

#8 User is offline   NZ bush pig 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:16 PM

skills and good gear make a great broadsword.

#9 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:31 PM

-Great Gear.
A good broadsword needs to feel what the people they are suppressing are feeling. Such things as Oh, crap he has me pinned, or hey this guy dumb for not pinning down the other side of this bunker. once you let up on the paint, you need to FEEL where and when they are going to pop up so you can keep their heads down long enough for the flanking manuever.

did I die for a second there?...

#10 User is offline   newach 

• STR8BALLA
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ACH

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:39 PM

A good broadsword knows when to shot and when to save. This takes expirence. Any one can be a broadsword though.
If we cant do it it doesn't need to be done- sabre #23
broadsword #1 Commander #41
STR8BALLA #626(click on it to go to www.str8balla.com)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him achieve world domination.

#11 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:31 PM

View Postnewach, on May 1 2007, 01:39 PM, said:

A good broadsword knows when to shot and when to save. This takes expirence. Any one can be a broadsword though.

I have to disagree with the last statement. For instance, I wouldn't make a good Dagger. I am not fast enough, I'm too big of a target, and my mindset and tactics wouldn't produce good results. Most Daggers that I have met, wouldn't be good Broadswords. They are geared out to be light and fast and don't carry enough paint for suppression. Their mindset is to be aggressive and sometimes, as a Broadsword, you need to hold back a little and figure out where you could fit in to be most effective. I am not trying to say that Daggers, or any other position for that matter, aren't good players. I'm just saying that when you step onto the field, some people are geared out for certain roles and that usually goes with their mindsets. So, it starts with mindsets. That's why I think mindset and tactics are more important than gear. Gear is the result of wanting to be equipped to accomplish the tactics that fit your mindset. Note, that I didn't say that once you get on the field and start losing teammates that you can't fill in to roles you didn't plan on. Of course you will fill in where necessary. But when you start asking is this gun better than this gun or this tank/pod/pack/vest/etc. better than that one, the answer becomes, what allows you to accomplish your mission. My setup allows me to accomplish the mission that I have BEFORE the game starts. My mission may change DURING the game, but I don't outfit myself for that.

Sorry about the length.

:usa:

#12 User is offline   hisse 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:48 PM

I have to say broadsword is a mentality not gear, gear is always secondary to mindset and skills, at the moment I use a custom pro with nothing more than an upgraded barrel and I usually carry about 2 - 3 pods max but I still play the position. I normally use my cocker but I broke it and still haven't fixed it. Just make sure that you are comfortable with what you're using, I personally use mechs because I prefer them, I do have an Ion and ive used other electro's from time to time but I'm just a fan of mech. My one friend plays broadsword with a phantom because it's what he prefers. So equipment really doesn't make much of a difference, if you can get your job done then it's good enough, if you want to carry 1 pod and a viewloader triton with the stock barrel but you can still do your job then it's fine.

The only thing you need is practice and you'll be doing fine, if you practice and build the mindset as others have said that nothing can beat you you'll do fine, Ive sprinted across a field past opponents to the flank where the flag was moving and played an 8 on 1 before just to keep the other team from winning(I managed to hold them off till the end of the game) using my tippmann with a mechanical trigger so in my opinion that is proof that it is truly a position of mind of matter.

Enjoy it, practice, do well

#13 User is offline   The Wildcard 

• Broadsword Number 25
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:The Wildcard

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

Granted, everyone here did in fact say that you weapon system doesnt matter when youre trying to play broadsword...I would have to disagree to a certain extent.

If you arent properly equiped to perform the task you're trying to do, then one of two things are going to happen. Either you'll suceed and look like the awesome hero you are... or you'll fail and not have any fun at all.

I'm not saying that every aspiring broadsword should go out and dump a fortune into thier equipment like I have, but having the right equipment for the task will let you grow into the postition much better than not. Furthermore, your equipment doesn't begin and end with your marker but includes everything you carry on to the field. Example, if your tired of reloading, beef up your hopper. If you don't carry at least 800 rounds in pods your'e just WRONG. Considering how heavy BS markers can be, it would be wise to equip a remote. Among these there are countless ways that you can make small improvments to your gear to enhance your abilty, but none of these things can replace good, hard-earned experience so whenever possible tag along with a senior broadsword and learn from his experience.
I spray paint. I spray paint anywhere I want, at anything I want, whatever keeps my daggers moving, or my sabers covered. When I pull my rig out the back of my truck speedballers look at me like I'm insane. But, when I crank up my rig walk-ons wet their pants. I am a Broadsword, "support by fire" is my life, my watchword, my motto. I spray paint.

#14 User is offline   sycho gunner 

• Ambush Broadsword/ Phantom Blade
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:sycho gunner

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:24 PM

your setup is fine and the rockign trigger will greatly help with your role as a broadsword cause is works wonder for me
hell the Head ref at a local field has pulled me over a few times to check to make sure I wasnt using Full Auto seeing at it was semi auto only Senario game :rolleyes:

as long as you have the mentality, the skill and the gear you will do fine

#15 User is offline   Heavyman25 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Heavyman25

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:31 PM

someone who can do his/her job is a good player period

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic