Special Ops Paintball: Howdy Everyone! - Special Ops Paintball

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Howdy Everyone! I'm a newbster, a girl, and just wanted to say, Hi. Rate Topic: ***-- 3 Votes

#1 User is offline   KillerTadpole 

• Tadpole...tah....dah
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:96th TACTICAL DIVISION "DEATH DEALERS"

Post icon  Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:30 AM

:panzer: So, yah, Hi. My name is KillerTadpole. I am new to this site and as new as newb can be to PB. I haven't even played yet, but I just bought myself a gun yesterday, and will be playing as soon as I can afford the protective gear. Spent all my stinken money on the gun, totally worth it though.
Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, there's a lot in these forums, I feel lost. I see there is a lot of advice and such, but if anyone can give me any pointers or comments about this site, pb, or being a girl and playing pb I will gladly accept. :)

Thank you,
-The Tad (tee hee) :panzer:

Tippmann Owners Club #66

#2 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:32 AM

Don't skimp out on your mask. It's the most important piece of gear. Tell us how much you can afford to spend on a mask and we'll tell you the best you can get in your price range :panzer:. I think you'll find this forum to be very helpful and welcoming.

By the way, what kind of marker did you get?

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#3 Guest_TM SNPR_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:35 AM

what mask, gun, and hopper do you have?

other than that do you have any specific questions.....

This post has been edited by TM SNPR: 07 March 2008 - 08:38 AM

#4 Guest_NERVE007_*

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:40 AM

Hey welcome to the great game of paintball.

Yeah I forgot to ask what kind of marker you got?

#5 User is offline   KillerTadpole 

• Tadpole...tah....dah
  • Pip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:53 AM

I like the looks of the JT Spectra Flex-8, I want it for full dome coverage, and in camo. I would like something I could put a fan in too. My marker, don't laugh please, I may say this wrong :rolleyes: is; Tippmann X7 pretty modded out. Okay, I'm just going to copy and paste from the site I bought it on.

BRAND NEW TIPPMANN X7 CO*OPS SNIPER CUSTOM
This field tested setup will move your game to a new level. We start with the incredible new X7. The most customizable marker ever made. New magnesium receiver is extremely lightweight and durable. New Cyclone EP (Enhanced Performance) system feeds up to 20 BPS. New low profile, offset hopper for clear site line. Modular shroud with four rails to add on sights and scopes. AR15 style magazine with built in tool storage. Picatinny top rail to easily add new risers, sights or handles. Push pin design for easy field stripping and accessory add ons. Includes maintenance pack, barrel sleeve, and gun oil.
Then we add the J&J 14" SELF CLEANING CERAMIC BARREL FOR THE TIPPMANN X7. If you have never used one of these they work great accurate, quiet and due to the ceramic coated barrel it can clean itself. Even after a ball break you just keep shooting within 2 or 3 shots the barrel is clean again. No pulling out the squeegee and getting hit while you are cleaning a ball break from your barrel. The stock barrel is also included not that you will ever use it.

To enhance the very accurate J&J barrel we add a BRAND NEW LEAPERS SWATFORCE QUICK AIM RED/GREEN DOT ELECTRONIC SIGHT. This is the perfect Quick Aim Dot Sight for your TIPPMANN X7 marker. With this scope you can keep both eyes open and just snap to your target. When US Special Forces started using a sight like this the hit ratio on the first shot jumped drastically and yours will too. You can choose a Red or Green Dot with 5 levels of brightness each so you can set it depending on the background you are shooting against.
ADJUSTABLE CAR STOCK FOR YOUR TIPPMANN X7
Steady up your shots with this adjustable stock. Six positions to choose from instantly. A perfect fit for anyone. Two spots for sling attachment. Great functionality and gives you marker a true milsim look.

So you can keep a good grip on all this power we add a UTG TACTICAL FORE GRIP RAIL HANDGUARDS TIPPMANN X7 KIT. This is a great upgrade to your X7, turn the jagged rails on the barrel shroud into the perfect fore grip. These high quality handguards just snap to the rails and you can set them up in any configuration that you want. You get a complete kit that will do the bottom rail and both sides.

You get the complete BRAND NEW kit including the box and all the original stuff even the stock 8" barrel is also included but you will never use it.

Tippmann Owners Club #66

#6 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:56 AM

Flex 8's are pretty nice, and if you want the full head coverage, then that's up to you. Personally I wouldn't have taken the X-7 as a first marker since it's relatively large and heavy... have you played before with rental gear or borrowed gear?

-Z3R0
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   KillerTadpole 

• Tadpole...tah....dah
  • Pip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:03 AM

No, I've never played. At all, I figured it would be pretty heavy, but it was exactly what I was looking for. I figured if I got what I wanted I would enjoy myself more, I don't know, I may just have to do a lot of weight training (hee hee). If I don't like it, I'll just give it to someone and buy something else, but I'm pretty certain I'm not going to be able to part with it.

Tippmann Owners Club #66

#8 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:08 AM

Well then good choice. If you're going to have fun with it, then you got the right thing :rolleyes:.

-Z3R0
Posted Image

#9 Guest_TM SNPR_*

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:32 AM

before you even pick up the gun...READ THE MANUAL!!! at least twice until you know it cover to cover.....

#10 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:38 AM

welcome to the forum, and to the great game of paintball, I have a friend with the same mask and she really likes the full coverage, I tried buying it myself at one point, but couldn't get it to fit around my head :laugh:

if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, read the stickies all around here they are a wealth of information, also don't be afraid to use that search button.

other than a mask there isn't much else you have to have in the way of protection, you can opt for neck protector chest protectors and all sort of other things as well. Also make sure that your marker is chrono'd at 300 FPS or lower, 285 FPS is a good number, and refuse to play with anyone who hasn't chrono'd.

are you using CO2 or HPA?
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#11 User is offline   KillerTadpole 

• Tadpole...tah....dah
  • Pip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:42 AM

I plan on reading it real good, for sure.

I would like to use HPA, if that's the air.

Thank you so much for all your help everyone, this is going to be awesome possum.

:laugh: :panzer: :panzer:

Tippmann Owners Club #66

#12 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:43 AM

Good choice. HPA is the better of the two :laugh:.

-Z3R0
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:49 AM

oh and feel free to check out the tactics outpost, and on that note I would suggest that you move alot while playing, your initial urge will be to find a bunker and sit in it the entire time, this is a bad choice and can get you bunkered or surrendered, so get running and keep them guessing where you are, also be sure and communicate with your teammates calling out the positions of your opponents
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#14 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:57 AM

Uh oh, I hope the Mods are watchin this Thread.

But anywho, Welcome to the Forum Tadpole...and I see youre going for the Flex 8 good choice and its one of the Best Mask on the Market, I have one myself and so far its serving me very well, the Lense does not Fog Up (to me it doesnt) and there is nothing wrong with using the Full Headshield at all, cus gettin beaned on the head by several Paintballs can actually Ring your Bell, happened to me not too long ago, which caused me to totally forget I was participating in a Heavy Firefight in a Scenario Game.

And I noticed you bought a Modded Out X7 as your first marker...sorry to say, you made a very poor decision for some one who hasnt Paintballed and ZERO is right, you are better off using Rental Marker for awhile, before you actually start using your X7.

A few more things, please do study how the X7 operates and what each Internal Part does, because when a Problem arises...youre going to be wondering to yourself as to why your X7 is failing to operate properly, also dont be afraid to disassemble your X7 for any Maintenance and Cleaning and when reassembling your X7, Double or even Triple Check that all the Internal Parts are correctly in place.

#15 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:02 AM

Welcome to the Forum and the Sport! :laugh:

Nice gun, may be a little heavy, but you should get used to it.

T-Freak
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users