• You cannot reply to this topic

16" J&J Ceramic A post to help those with low budgets

#1 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:17 PM

I just thought that I'd pass this along. For those that have problems every now and then with either barrel breaks or chops and want good shoot through mixed with decent air efficiency and low cost, I'd recommend a 16 inch J&J Ceramic barrel.

I just took a ruler and measured the porting distance from the start of the barrel and it's a lil over 8 inches. This should help air efficiency and the Teflon coating will aid in self cleaning and a lil bit on velocity (I looked up its coating characteristics on wikipedia, Teflon is noted to be very slick and to be a no-stick type of surface which is why they tried using it on pots, pans and skillets and such).

I'll be using it on my A5.

This post has been edited by Marine Scout Sniper: 05 November 2008 - 01:18 PM

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#2 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

It is a decent barrel, especially for the price. I have an older J&J and it works well when I use it. Just be careful, though, as J&J has been having some quality control issues lately, so for those that do buy one, inspect it and test it before the return policy expires, just to be safe.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#3 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:52 PM

Ah yes I have one too. Very nice barrel. It feels a tiny bit more bulky than its aluminum counterparts, but not enough to notice unless you try to.
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

#4 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:43 PM

View PostViolator, on Nov 5 2008, 03:31 PM, said:

It is a decent barrel, especially for the price. I have an older J&J and it works well when I use it. Just be careful, though, as J&J has been having some quality control issues lately, so for those that do buy one, inspect it and test it before the return policy expires, just to be safe.

Yeah it's just chipped just a tad on the very tip of the muzzle prolly from production but as I looked down the barrel I saw no major flaws in the coating or anything suspicious. Everything seemed normal referring back to the 14 inch one I owned when I had my 98C.

View PostScavies, on Nov 5 2008, 03:52 PM, said:

Ah yes I have one too. Very nice barrel. It feels a tiny bit more bulky than its aluminum counterparts, but not enough to notice unless you try to.

It's not near as heavy as my buttefly knife. I have one that's got solid Stainless steel handles and safety lock and it has a laser sharpened stainless blade with a pin forged into the blade and brass pins that hold and rotate the handle. :P

This post has been edited by Marine Scout Sniper: 05 November 2008 - 03:47 PM

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#5 User is offline   newbz 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Newbz

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:08 PM

i had a 21in barrel (i know, way to long). this was probably the most accurate barrel i have ever shot with the paint i have here.

i recently purchased a 14in one. this thing sucked with every thing paintball i shot through it, broke paint like it was 20 degrees outside, nothing worked or shot well.

just try it out, for the price they are awesome.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users