Special Ops Paintball: Bates 8" Side Zip Tactical Boots - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bates 8" Side Zip Tactical Boots Awesome!

#1 User is offline   WOODSBALLER 

• Oh how I've missed you!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PBALLA

Post icon  Posted 26 September 2006 - 02:39 PM

:D I had been lookink for a good pair of boots or shoes to wear for paintball but wasn't having any luck. I was on vacation and went to a bass pro shop and seen the exact thing I was looking for a pair of actual purpose built boots (made for combat not exactly made for paintball). I ahd to get them, they were a little high for what I was looking for but still low enough, they were only $70 bucks!

Anyway, while you are here is to see how they did which was GREAT. They were a little stiff when first got them but all shoes are. I started by just wearing them around way before I used them for the first time so I could get them good and soft. This worked and I also tied them up good and tight and in a double knot since they have the side zip I would be ready to go when I finally got to use them.

When I got to the field I was just wearing tennis shoes and had the boots in my gear bag. I put them on and they were already tight, I already them tied so I was ready to go. I was rwearing a pair of fairly thin boot socks and was worried about getting blisters but I went through the whole day without a problem. They were just so comfortable it was like wearing 8" tall tennis shoes with added support. The material is very comfortable and breathable as well, as it was around 80 degrees and my feet didn't get hot at all.

Originally I was going to get 6" boots but couldn't find any, but Im glad i didn't the added 2" were just more support for my ankles with no added problems. The support was great, I was running, sliding, diving, jumping, and falling (only once) with no pain or injuries to my feet or ankles. I made a flag run when playing center flag and was running as fast as I could do, got the flag and ran it al the to the other side to deliver the flag for the win when I began to be shot at. I did a hybrid fall/slide but fell short (time was running out I had to do something). Anyway, my body was slammed including my legs and ankles but no harm was done!

These boots were also the stealth versions so their is no metal on them when running or more importantly sneaking through the woodsball field.

Traction is also very excellent! My field that I play on has lots of fallen trees and most of the time they are moist which can make some dangerous situations. Not with these boots, I just hopped up put one foot on them and didn't think twice, they literally grab the trees and rocks or debris with no slips. The field I play at also has deep trenches which I sometimes had to run up and down and through. I had no problem here either they just dug in. Their also waterproof for when it rains! B)

I you couldn't tell I LOVE :wub: these boots!!!!

The only problem that I could find in the first day of testing were that they didn't run for you! :D

P.S. Sorry for no pics they can be found at most tactical boots websites.

This post has been edited by WOODSBALLER: 26 September 2006 - 02:42 PM

Natural Born Killer
HYBRID BALLER

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users