• You cannot reply to this topic

Swearing Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 01 October 2006 - 01:47 PM

No one swears when I play, ever. We're all from the same church, we don't swear. I got warned at a game for another sport for saying 'crap'. That was just weird.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#17 User is offline   mchainmail 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mchainmail

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:06 PM

Lol, this reminds me of one of my high school gym teachers. Whenever we were playing a sport, and someone cursed loud enough for him to hear it, the game stopped, and everyone did 5 push-ups. Needless to say, swearing was kept to a minimum.

#18 User is offline   Wakewarrior7 

• The one and only
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wakewarrior7

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:15 PM

The field I ref at, I am pretty lax on it. As long as it is to your self and not at the top of your lungs, I could care less. If you say "Damnit!" to yourself because of doing something stupid, not directing it at anyone else, and not saying it loud enough so someone 20' away can hear it, I don't think it is a big deal.

They are immeditaly pulled, and depending on the severity, possibly sent home, if it is directed at a player, or an obvious loss of cool and is screamed.
IPB Image
Wake will you have my baby? - DavidP1013
High End Marker People (H.E.M.P.) Member 007

#19 User is offline   Mars 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:51 PM

Swearing, should be covered in the rules of where you're playing, just like all the other rules. If you're playing backyard ball with your pals and you guys want to, or don't care... there you have it. However, if you're at a public field and it's against the rules, then IT'S AGAINST THE RULES - 'nough said. At our field, the circumstances will dictate the action, such as, what is said, to whom, with how much voracity, blah, blah, blah. Usually, a verbal warning for first (minor) offense, followed by removal from the game and a tag punch (three punches and you're banned from the field)

#20 User is offline   curtsenn 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:curtsenn

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:28 PM

I think of this as a judgement call. Some curse words are not as provacative as others. It also depends on the tone and use of it. If they direct it toward another player in an undecent way, I usually do something. If a player is just joking or crusing himself for a stupid mistake I usually let it slide. Maybe warn him to watch his/her mouth if there are younger kids there.
Brevity is the soul of wit ~William Shakespear

#21 User is offline   time bomb 

• you only have one butt to risk
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:07 AM

on my outlaw field, we allow it. but at the upitoi field, it is a no swear poilcie, so i contact the head reff, and he takes care of it.

#22 User is offline   X Jackson X 

• Dye Hard Speedballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:37 PM

Where I play swearing is only accepted in private groups. And the F-bomb is banned. And I'm not talking about the grenade.

-X Jackson X

IPB Image

#23 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:49 PM

Our teams field, Swearing is all out...though only one guy does it, and we're trying to get him to stop.
I don't have a problem with it, but honestly, after you sit there and drop a few dozen F-Bombs the word has lost it's meaning.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#24 User is offline   ZombieAtak 

• Settle it the old fasioned way, first guy to die LOSES!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZombieAtak

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:17 PM

Swearing at my feild is a no no. We try to keep it as freindly an atmosphere as possible. If you are going to be all hostile to people who are just starting to learn the game, then sorry, you can leave. I can't control what others do on public fields, but at least at my field we enforce it.

I really don't approve of it when there's kids around. And by kids I mean anyone under like 16. (No offence intended to the under 16ers). I don't like the idea of some kid playing speedball for the first time and his mom is watching him have a great time when some guy on the feild lets out a bunch of profanity. Thats not cool.

I am not saying that I am perfect. It's sometimes hard to watch your mouth when you in a game and you get all excited. I am guilty of it just as much as everyone else. But I do think it is completely unessecary and I do my best to watch my words even when I do get all adrenalined up. The sport has a shaky enough public image as it is, swearing loudly on the field won't help it at all.

This post has been edited by ZombieAtak: 20 October 2006 - 02:18 PM

ZombieAtak's Feedback
2nd Place: Outdoor Adventures AFFM Tournament 10/19/2008
Most Valuable Team: OA, Bowie, MD; Battle of the Bulge V 12/14/2008; Kobra Kommand II 3/15/09; Coffee Wars III 6/14/09

#25 User is offline   headhunter2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:headhunter2

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:21 PM

The field that I play at has a no swearing rule but when it is a bunch of adult walkons the rule is lax but when we get around the birthday and church groups we try and keep it clean somethimes one or two slip but thats it.
Invisible text club member #15 Every time you wipe paint God makes a new PETA member Adminion #12 My Feedback
If you play your own game of paintball using Spec ops as guidelines and not as "law of position", put this in your sig.

#26 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:56 PM

I only say the more "minor" curse words, and only if something happens that would warrant it (dodging several shots very narrowly, hitting someone with very few paintballs, hitting their head, or getting nailed in a sensitive area (fingers, neck/collarbone, etc.). Alot of the guys I play with swear like they were actually shot, but the refs only warn them if there's any younger players (even though me and my friends are 13-14 and are generally the youngest on the field :D)

-J'92
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#27 User is offline   JJaxx 

• Sneaky S.O.B.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JJaxx

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:35 AM

That would fall under the verbal abuse rule at my field. If you swear under your breath or to yourself it is fine. But if you start swearing at another player or a ref then it is a big problem.
My Feedback!
Team Capt. of Shadow Force. "Fear the shadows"

#28 User is offline   TIPoff 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPoff

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:53 AM

At my field we would give a verbal warning 1st, "Player, watch your language" then if they continued we'd pull their armband and have them sit out 2 games. If they continued after that or threw a fit, they had to leave.
Kim "The Heretick"

#29 User is offline   darkstalker 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:darkstalker

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:35 PM

lets just say ur a walkon just go with the flow lots of people your age say wahat u want but iff theres lil kids hold your tongue like you would anytime its just a common sense thing

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users