• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

sniper cocker Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ironbox 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

i have been reading through the topics on barrels and see a divided view on barrels, generally speaking people either swear by Stiffi or by Palmer, i've been rocking a stock trilogy tactical for 3 years and have loved every moment of it, it's somewhat quiet, and has decent accuracy and have really been looking at getting a new barrel but can't quite decide between the two, i was just curious if anyone would mind helping me decide, and also is that gun quiet overall? it seems so to me but i could be mistaken compared to others

#2 User is offline   junckie25 

• Junckie25
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Junckie25

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

Personally I like the dye ultralite But out of those 2 I would say get a palmers barrel.
Smile.... tomorrow will be worse.

#3 User is offline   Ironbox 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

actually i just realized that a lot of the people posting are tippmann users so i don't even know where to begin for the Cocker lol

#4 User is offline   junckie25 

• Junckie25
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Junckie25

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:07 PM

Well don't worry there are plenty of people that know about cockers on here.
Smile.... tomorrow will be worse.

#5 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:34 PM

I've had a stiffi (lol), and used a palmer. Go brass, and get wedgits to stop rollouts. You'll thank me.

<Insert Sig Here>

#6 User is offline   Ironbox 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:23 PM

yes rollouts are one of the most annoying things i've experienced with that gun, was leaning towards palmer but with so much money rolling either way i wanted to be extra certain of what way

#7 Guest_Woodsball Freak_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:38 PM

Lapco makes nice barrels, as does PPS. Either company, you can't go wrong.

#8 User is offline   Explosive 

• Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:27 PM

On my 'cockers I used a 16" DYE Ultralight that I migrated over to my TAC ONE and absolutely enjoy using it!!!

Lapco's are great barrels too (pricey for kits).

Deadly Wind carbon fibers with the use of Freak inserts work very well too. (I use one on my ION and sometimes toss that barrel on my TAC ONE)

A Stiffi will be lighter weight. With a single Stiffi barrel you're stuck with one bore size, but I seldom need different bore sizes. That may not be a concern of yours (roll outs). The Stiffi will be quieter a bit over the Palmer. Stiffi's are accurate...I've never been amazed by them.

Palmer brass with a smooth, polished bore are very accurate. You can pay a bit more for double venting which will make it a quieter barrel. Brass weighs more than carbon fiber (duh!) lol. Palmers great barrel, but comes with a price if you want it customized to your wants/needs. Widgets are great for close bolt markers.

to me both real good barrels, but over rated a bit.

I've shot a DYE Ultralight for the last 5 years or more. Before that Smart Parts & Lapco barrels for the most part.

I've owned most of the barrels out there on the market too. :happy: :D

This post has been edited by Explosive: 17 July 2008 - 01:28 PM

#9 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:33 PM

Any barrel kit would be good also. 8 inches of control bore and then porting will prevent roll outs, give you good accuracy, and be quiet. I've never used a Palmers barrel but they seem to be good barrels.

#10 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

I got a J&J edge kit for My autococker and it works wonders. No more roll outs, and the kit was only 80 bucks for a 14in with 4 backs.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#11 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:16 PM

For value it's hard to argue with a J&J kit to stop roll outs.

You will find that the marker might be loud but only because you are the one shooting it.

At 5 yards out I've seen guys look around wondering where my shot came from. When the business end is pointed at you, the cockers can be hard to pick up with a bunch of loud markers going off all over the place.

As for accuarcy, anything NOT from the factory will generally shoot better. The kit gets the added bonus of juuusst a lil more accuracy and the nicety of no roll outs.

Having fired blowbacks and closed bolts (Autocockers) there is something about the marker NOT being a blowback (like a tippmann) that makes it accurate with just about any aftermarket barrel you put on it.

By the way, the shot from 5 yards back. No ghillie. I even jumped up and moved behind a tree real fast. His buddy behind him was the only one who spotted me. I then set up a killbox with a friend of mine and ended his game. :)

Not bad for no ghillie I think :)

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#12 User is offline   TheReaper 

• 5 Years and some months to go.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:hvyrifleman12345

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:12 AM

View PostIronbox, on Jul 16 2008, 03:40 PM, said:

i have been reading through the topics on barrels and see a divided view on barrels, generally speaking people either swear by Stiffi or by Palmer, i've been rocking a stock trilogy tactical for 3 years and have loved every moment of it, it's somewhat quiet, and has decent accuracy and have really been looking at getting a new barrel but can't quite decide between the two, i was just curious if anyone would mind helping me decide, and also is that gun quiet overall? it seems so to me but i could be mistaken compared to others

Deadlywind 14" Carbon Fiber barrel w/ inserts.
Word.

#13 User is offline   snipin'since88 

• TEUFELHUNDEN
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipinsince88

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:15 AM

i have an old 12" boomstick that is REAL quiet, and REAL accurate. i like it more than any of my barrels.

#14 User is offline   naterab 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:naterab

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:08 AM

A kit. In my opinion it's the best way to go. That way you can make sure that you have exact bore control. On Mann's barrel test overall for kits it looked like the Matchstik barrel kit performed best. I don't have experience with it but I have a friend who uses one and it's deadly. But from the choices a palmer's double vented and try to get a wedgit.
If you are a christian paintballer put this in your sig.
Liberalism=Communism
Sabre #777

#15 User is offline   Ironbox 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:16 AM

thanks much for the advice, and i think going by the price of the Palmer, i think i'm going to roll for a kit, that one barrel is just too pricey for my blood right now

This post has been edited by Ironbox: 23 July 2008 - 05:39 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users